Sign in to follow this  
teofilo

Wing Views 2d

Are there any wingviews for the MD 11 FS9 version that we can add into the panel.cfg file?I know there are for the 737 but I was wondering if they are available for this new aircraft.Regards and what a great product!Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Teo,No, it's the same situation as the 747 was - the wingviews are there in FSX because they actually use the external model to do it via the new camera system.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-On the subject of wingviews- we know that there is a subset of customers who enjoy them. I want to make sure you understand why we have not included them in the FS9 version...This product took fully 60 days longer to complete than we'd planned because the MD-11 model is so heavy with vertexes, polygons and parts that we were continually running into hard limits within the exporter and the simulator itself.As such, Vin spent months (probably in the area of 3-4) going through the FS9 airplane with a scalpel, making it more efficient in places and finding creative ways to lower the detail level without reducing the visual quality of the airplane or the virtual cockpit. (To that degree he largely succeeded!)At the end of the day- to provide you with wing views- we'd have to sacrifice a MASSIVE amount of detail in the parts of the airplane that really are the focus of the simulation.As a result- wing views are not given much priority...So- we are certain that you'll enjoy the airplane- and it is unfortunate that we cannot provide you with wingviews for those who prefer them.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

It's a pity indeed but it was explained some time ago after I had asked so I had enough time to get used to this fact.The substitute is to use the FS Recorder module to get the views. It works a bit like the FSX engine using the external model wings.Unfortunately it requires going to the spot view (S) and also hearing the external engine roar. But at least there are views and it's better than nothing.Another question from me (I haven't bought yet):Is the FS9 MD-11 offered with two model choice: VC and non-VC (for us 2D flyers)? Via choosing different models from the aircraft menu or simply disconnecting the VC like in PMDG 744?And of course there is a key assignemnet menu, isn't it? ;)Best regards,Rafal

Guest Koebrood

You can always cut-off the whole tail section.I'm sure no one will notice...lol :(

You can always cut-off the whole tail section.I'm sure no one will notice...lol :(
He was referring to the VC. There are no parts of the external model being displayed - we're up against the polygon limit from the cockpit modeling alone.Btw, isn't there a third party camera app (Walk and Follow maybe?) that can do FSX style external viewpoints in FS9?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

isn't there a third party camera app (Walk and Follow maybe?) that can do FSX style external viewpoints in FS9?
Yes, there are two and FS Recorder does it as well, as I mentioned above. Plus it's freeware.Ryan, could you please answer my question on the non-vc model to fly?Would be grateful.Best regards,Rafal

Guest MD11Driver
Are there any wingviews for the MD 11 FS9 version that we can add into the panel.cfg file?I know there are for the 737 but I was wondering if they are available for this new aircraft.Regards and what a great product!Teo
Hey, didn't Igfly used to have a camera where you could place it on the external body of the airplane? I remember using this for my PMDG747 and it works like a charm with the MD11 as well. Check the pic where I found out a bug in the operations of the flap settings.Good Luck !

Ryan, could you please answer my question on the non-vc model to fly?
All the beta versions were combined 2D/VC models, each view selected with the S key. I am not a developer, but I don't think much would be gained by segmenting the load since the framerates for this product are not an issue.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dear Dan,thanks for your answer. Now I know why nobody wanted to answer it before. ;)

I don't think much would be gained by segmenting the load
Well, three gains for someone who doesn't care about the VC (though I'm sure you've made it on the highest level of quality) :1. always at least a little faster load and a little lower memory use while changing views2. ability to add 2D side views3. possibility to look down while parking at gates (helps a lot sometimes, you know)OK, now I have a clear picture of what to expect if I were to buy. No more stupid questions on my side.Thank you very much again.Best regards,Rafal

All the beta versions were combined 2D/VC models, each view selected with the S key. I am not a developer, but I don't think much would be gained by segmenting the load since the framerates for this product are not an issue.
Just to clarify Dan, when in 2D there are side views but they are VC ones, correct? In other words, you don't switch to a side view and see nothing but the ground and sky (as with the 747 until the 2D side view files were available)?Iain Smith

I haven't thought of that in that way, but you are correct. When in 2D mode the side/back views are VC renderings:

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG Team,Thanks so much for an awesome product!!!I will always enjoy flying your aircraft..Happy Landings,Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I haven't thought of that in that way, but you are correct. When in 2D mode the side/back views are VC renderings:
Thanks Dan. I shall be buying this later today! :( Iain Smith