Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11Driver

Take Off Flap Settings

Guest MD11Driver

Hey PMDG Team ! I'd like to congratulate you on a splendid product.I've posted a pic of what the take off flap setting should look like; I am not exactly sure what the flap settings are and what the mathematics of it is, but it seems like when the MD11 takes off, both the inboards and outboards ailerons drop as well such as in these videos.

I tried each individual flap setting and noticed that none of the settings had the coordinated aileron drop associated with it. I am not sure if this fix is small or if it takes a grand time out of your life - it would be nice to have this fixed :)I posted a pic of what it should look like in fs as well :)fspic00059fz2.jpgAlso, when the wing flex is present in the air, you can see through the wing.fspic00049zu8.jpgThanks for reading and I hope these 2 issues are fixable :)Thanks so much, your hard work definitely paid off !

Guest cfgarrod

The MD11 was always short of 'brochure' performance and one of the modifications to try to improve it was to increase the maximum take-off weight to 286,000 Kg so that more fuel could be loaded. The associated aerodynamic mod. was to droop the ailerons for more lift. Not all airlines opted for this mod., if your aircraft has been modded you will see it on the FMS AC Status page, it will show 'MD11 DEF AIL'. Most Airbus droop ailerons for take-off and many aircraft in the past have used symmetrical aileron movement for 'G' (gust) alleviation.Chris

I've posted a pic of what the take off flap setting should look like; I am not exactly sure what the flap settings are and what the mathematics of it is, but it seems like when the MD11 takes off, both the inboards and outboards ailerons drop as well such as in these videos.
perhaps you mean this:"Note: TDAS is a customer option on the MD-11. You can enable/disable TDAS in the PMDG Options menu. A system for takeoff deflected ailerons deflects the inboard and the outboard ailerons for takeoff and allows an additional takeoff flap setting of 28

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Guest cfgarrod

For a PW MD11:Standard flap setting for take-off is 22deg.This is the only flap setting allowed if using flex (reduced) take-off thrust.It's the most commonly used flap setting if not operating close to performance limits.If performance is critical 62K thrust is used with variable (dial-a-flap) setting. You would need a set of individual runway graphs/tables to work out the flap setting, it depends on several factors, I don't know if they exist somewhere for the PMDG simulation.Chris

Guest MD11Driver
perhaps you mean this:"Note: TDAS is a customer option on the MD-11. You can enable/disable TDAS in the PMDG Options menu. A system for takeoff deflected ailerons deflects the inboard and the outboard ailerons for takeoff and allows an additional takeoff flap setting of 28

The option is only mentioned as available on intro page 0.0.12.Many STOL GA airplanes also have droop ailerons for same reason, increase camber.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest MD11Driver
The option is only mentioned as available on intro page 0.0.12.Many STOL GA airplanes also have droop ailerons for same reason, increase camber.
I fixed the issue :) Thanks !