Sign in to follow this  
majapahit

Md-11: Drive 1/2/3 Disc/fault Switch - Amber / Repair?

trying starting up an unwilling MD-11 at ORBI I pushed a button(s) too much - when engines were still OFF - and theDRIVE 1/2/3 DISC/FAULT Switch - amberstarted showingsays in the manual:"Do not disconnect an IDG with engine speed less than ground idle. Disconnecting an IDG with engine speed less than ground idle will cause damage to the IDG input shaft and seal."BUT, when engines not running / there should be a way to reset the amber?otherwise,perhaps, when DISC pushed to amber, and then starting the Engines, will surely wreck the generator connect?but stillwhen not running engines, there must be a way to reset DISC to normal? / couldnt get the amber to turn offI had to restart the panels state, I wonder if there's a procedure I'm missingor am I missing something here?Great Plane! :( thxmt

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Try in the PMDG menu - I think (mo doubt someone will correct me!) that the IDG drives need to be done by engineers on the ground.

Mt (please sign with your name),In reality the IDGs can only be reset by maintenance.In the PMDG MD-11 you can reset them from the PMDG Options menu (I think it is on the "Simulation Options Page").

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Mt (please sign with your name),
found the ground crew in the options :( thxEDIT:This begs the question though :( Why are these switches on the overhead, though behind a safetylockAre they supposed to be switched off in case of emergency/fire/engine on fire or something?If anybody knowsp.s."Mt (please sign with your name)" Enlighten me on some reasoning behind this rule (it's my poster name?!)EDIT:ok I just read the forum rules / some people were thrown off because of bad behaviourso, you need someone's 'real name' to throw him off a forum for bad language?what school is that?m tjoeng :(

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Everyone seems to be a little more civil when real names are used. We get very little trash talking, that's not a problem but that is their policy. Yeah, disconnecting the drives would only be done to prevent damage to the engine, for example. I'm sure it is someplace in the effects part of the consequences checklists.

Dan Downs KCRP