Sign in to follow this  
DanielH

Fs9 Md11 Vc Issue?

Hello,I've a problem with the graphics of the VC, especially with the VC Overhead. projekt1lq37.jpgPlease take a look at the switches. From my point of view, they all have a white frame and not a good quality. If I remember right, the switches in the FSX-Version don't have that. Furthermore, the textures in the red frame are flickering. And unfortunately all the fonts in the VC are blurred and the FPS are worse than in the FSX shortly after takeoff. Could these problems be caused by my graphic card?But nevertheless, thanks for this great productWith best regardsDaniel

Best regards

Daniel Harms

Daniel-Flashing pieces in your highlighted area: We'll take a look and see what we find. Our beta testers have a broad range of hardware so if it is hardware focal we'll know pretty quickly. If it isn't- then we'll take a look at a fix... stay tuned.As for visual clarity- you shouldn't notice much difference between the FSX/FS9 versions on the panels themselves. There are things that can cause distortion- but I'd prefer to have Vin walk you through some of those. (he is currently sleeping!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you very much for your fast reply, Robert.

As for visual clarity- you shouldn't notice much difference between the FSX/FS9 versions on the panels themselves
Ok, then it's definitely a problem on my side. Below two more screens of my VC. projekt2gqlh.jpgprojekt3twnz.jpgThe area below the Autopilot Panel (Throttles, Radio etc) looks like the VC in the FSX, no problems there.Here my system details:Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GH2048MB RAMNVidia Geforce 7600GS with 512 RAM500 GB FestplatteWin XP HomeFurther to this graphical issue, I've not more than 15 FPS in the VC I hope, that Vin can solve my problem. With best regardsDaniel

Best regards

Daniel Harms

Daniel,I haven't had time to explore much since I installed it this morning (darn job). However, the first things I noticed where the same issues in the VC that you mentioned. Have you found a solution yet?I don't have performance issues at all (as a matter of fact FPS are through the roof!!), again only having spent 5 minutes in the VC before I went to work, but the flashing textures were easily noticable and I haven't had that with any other PMDG airplane, incl. the FSX MD-11 version. Maybe it's a driver issue. I'll check into that but I believe (not typing this from simming PC) I'm using the latest 180.48 drivers whql from NVDIA.I'll report back after I get to spend some quality time with her tonight ;-)Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

This is with my ATI4870, not using application setting for AA etc. Only distraction is slight shimmering on VOR2/ADF2 buttons. The designer started with a lot of stuff when we went to FS9 that has been cleaned up. Not to say that it is perfect but some of it is going to be system/configuration or driver specific:

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,I am also getting horrible shimmering on the VOR2/ADF2 buttons as well as the VOR1 side as well. As well, the whole bloody radio panel seems to shimmering were all the writing is....sorry but not what I expected from this company. Hope they can fix this somehow.

Eric 

I have a fair amount of shimmering in those same locations, mostly the aft overhead ENG FIRE labels (mentioned by DanielH) and a few spots on the FCP (VOR buttons). I never even looked at the radio panel to see if it did it.FWIW, I don't really fly in the VC except for situations in CRZ or for traffic avoidance. It isn't that big of a deal to me, but I wanted to mention that I get it too. I'm using an 8800 GTS 640 card with 180.48 drivers. 16X AF and 8QS AA.Also the heading tape at the bottom of the standby altimeter flickers a bunch for some reason.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Nevermind about the VC issue. Way to many OOM errors like the 744, have uninstalled it.

Eric 

Ive also got some VC issues along with a lot of flickering. I prefer the 2d cockpit, so not that big of deal. Adam

Nevermind about the VC issue. Way to many OOM errors like the 744, have uninstalled it.
That might mean its time to upgrade your system...

Just like that? 1 day out and you removed it? How far was your trip? I just flew a wonderful flight from KMCO to KMEM and it was excellent. Yeah, it might have some minor issues (nose doors missing, flickering VC labels), but overall it's a neat aircraft.I've never had an OOM error, but then again, I can't do long flights. > 1000 nm kills me.Regarding OOM errors, it really seems 3rd party scenery and long haul flight only play well with newer hardware and OS setups. FS9 is old and demands a lot of computer, and FSX even more. You just can't expect to run such an intense environment (Wx, AI, complex add-ons, et cetera) and do longer flights, especially with a 32-bit OS and 2 or 3 GB RAM. If this is happening, you might just need a 64-bit platform and 4 GB of RAM. FS is really the most demanding game out there, and adding tons of 3rd party software to it only makes it worse. It's just a reality of the situation. You can't have it all.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

hey folks....i have the flickering aswell on the overhead the ADF buttons and down on the pedestal on some spots i use an ATI X850XT PE with the latest drivers OS is XP32 Sp2 FS9.1 best regardsTobi

I've never had an OOM error, but then again, I can't do long flights. > 1000 nm kills me.Regarding OOM errors, it really seems 3rd party scenery and long haul flight only play well with newer hardware and OS setups. FS9 is old and demands a lot of computer, and FSX even more. You just can't expect to run such an intense environment (Wx, AI, complex add-ons, et cetera) and do longer flights, especially with a 32-bit OS and 2 or 3 GB RAM. If this is happening, you might just need a 64-bit platform and 4 GB of RAM. FS is really the most demanding game out there, and adding tons of 3rd party software to it only makes it worse. It's just a reality of the situation. You can't have it all.
You can have an OOM without even taking off the ground. Case in point being my nearly constant OOMs at JFK (MD11 is the only aircraft in my stable that does this, and I pretty much have them all). Granted, it would work fine without add-on scenery, 100% AI, full weather and so on, so I'm not kicking up a fuss about it. It works as advertised when flown in vanilla FS9 or far away from busy add-on airports. It's not PMDG's fault that we choose to burden our FS world with realistic AI (300+ aircraft in and around JFK for example), Ultimate Terrain (disabled in my case, but overall known for its horrid memory grubbing ways) and complex add-on sceneries, which eat away precious megabytes.However, like I said, I have never experienced this scale of OOM errors with any add-on before the MD11. Not even did the mighty 747 demand this much memory. Why? I don't know. I can't tell without knowing what's under the bonnet how much different this bird is to the MD80, the Fokker or the 767, which are of a similar level of sophistication (give or take some extra features). I assume there is a lot more going on, since she uses 100-200Mb more than the others :-)Cheers,Mack

Daniel,I haven't had time to explore much since I installed it this morning (darn job). However, the first things I noticed where the same issues in the VC that you mentioned. Have you found a solution yet?
Hello Pete, unfortunately not. I tried several settings, but nothing solved the problem. I'm using a NVidia Geforce 7600 GS with the latest driver (6.14.11.7824 dd 07.10.08)With best regardsDaniel

Best regards

Daniel Harms

Look at the overhead of the MD-11F - you can see the sky through several holes! The passenger version is fine, that issue can only be seen in freight version (both with GE and PW engines).Best regards,Dymitr