Sign in to follow this  
FlyChuck

747 Heading On Top + Program Error

Hi all,I own the PMDG 747 for FS9, which I recently updated to version 1.2Ever since I updated to 1.2, my ND shows Track on top, instead of heading on top. Is there any way to change this back?Also when I'm trying to add beacons and fixes to the RTE or LEGS page of the FMS I get a "program error". I had been messing with the navigation databases, maybe that's what's done it, but I didn't have this problem before. Any idea's?Now since I'm asking.. Is there any way to show "speedbrake armed" on the primary EICAS when it's armed?Sincerely,Tom

Now since I'm asking.. Is there any way to show "speedbrake armed" on the primary EICAS when it's armed?No It's not something you would find on the real aircraft.Rob

Rob Prest

Now since I'm asking.. Is there any way to show "speedbrake armed" on the primary EICAS when it's armed?No It's not something you would find on the real aircraft.Rob
Well I fly the real aircraft and it has it.... :( Tom

Hi all,I own the PMDG 747 for FS9, which I recently updated to version 1.2Ever since I updated to 1.2, my ND shows Track on top, instead of heading on top. Is there any way to change this back?Also when I'm trying to add beacons and fixes to the RTE or LEGS page of the FMS I get a "program error". I had been messing with the navigation databases, maybe that's what's done it, but I didn't have this problem before. Any idea's?Now since I'm asking.. Is there any way to show "speedbrake armed" on the primary EICAS when it's armed?Sincerely,Tom
Manual page 7-19: TRK is displayed in MAP mode, HDG in VOR or APP modes.. always been that way I think.Program error message is tricky. Does not mean that item is not found in database. Could mean a glitch in internal logic, sometimes the only way I can clear it is by restarting flight plan entry (reenter same destination will reset it).Off the top of my head, I can't remember the speedbrake question. Perhaps someone else can add to this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Manual page 7-19: TRK is displayed in MAP mode, HDG in VOR or APP modes.. always been that way I think.Program error message is tricky. Does not mean that item is not found in database. Could mean a glitch in internal logic, sometimes the only way I can clear it is by restarting flight plan entry (reenter same destination will reset it).Off the top of my head, I can't remember the speedbrake question. Perhaps someone else can add to this.
Thank you for your reply! I'll try your advice on the error message. I was quite surprised that the Speedbrake Armed Eicas message was not modeled in the pmdg 744, as there is no other way of confirming that the SB is actually armed (In real life to arm the speedbrake you pull the lever up and just a tiny little bit backwards, so you can't actually see a difference between ARMED, or DOWN, and that's where the eicas message comes in). I understand that the TRK or HDG up on the ND is a company choice, so maybe I'm a little confused about that. But I thought this setting could be changed.. Guess I was wrong.Thanks again!Tom