Sign in to follow this  
olivermbs

Oom Errors Pmdg Md11 Fs9

Hello,Flying DGAA-EHAM I recieved an Out of Memory Message about 5 1/2 hours in flight, while over the north of France. I haven't recieved an OOM for over a year now so I'm pretty sure it's related to the MD11. I have 4Gb of RAM however using XP32Bit.Any extra info you need just shout.Cheers,Oliver SmithOrder ID: 106711

Guest zannu

I have the same problem!!!!over year that not happening to me

Please do a search in this forum for OOM errors, there is a lot of info and discussion on this topic.Basic problem is your 32b OS trips on 4Gb of memory. There are solutions but I'm not bright enought to go into all the variations that are discussed here in the past couple of weeks.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I've seen lots about it before, just seems odd I can spend 14 hours flying the Queen multi-tasking with addon scenery and all without problems, and I get an OOM 5 hours into a flight in the MD11 when I wasn't even at the PC. CheersOliver Smith

Yes I've seen lots about it before, just seems odd I can spend 14 hours flying the Queen multi-tasking with addon scenery and all without problems, and I get an OOM 5 hours into a flight in the MD11 when I wasn't even at the PC. CheersOliver Smith
Oliver, I switched recently to XP64, and measuring usage with lots of addons, especially Ultimate Terrain series, many airports. My approximate memory usage at the end of the flight is around 3GB, which is 1GB over the 32bit limit. MD-11 is heavier memory user than 747, thus giving you OOMs. You just had luck with your 747. I had OOMs already 2 years ago, now they are all fixed.

MD-11 is heavier memory user than 747, thus giving you OOMs.
Thats not good news.

Eric 

I had a P4 with 2Gb memory when beta testing started without any problems. The problem is a 32b OS with 4Gb memory, which requires configuring the OS to correctly handle the available memory without bumping into constraints. The MD11 works fine with 2Gb.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I currently have a P4 with 2gigs of memory and running a lean system...hopefully she will be fine..time to go figure out how to fly her.

Eric 

Hi folks,I just wanted to point you to a topic in the Aerosoft forum:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19147Oliver Papst (creator of AES) did an analyis on this issue, because many AES users also reported OOM errors. He also listed affected addon sceneries and potential solutions.Bottom line: The most common cause of an OOM is an addon scenery problem related to landclass files.I had the same problem with Fly Tampa's Kai Tak when it was released.As soon as they released a patch to resolve the landclass problem, the OOM was gone.I have FS9.1 (without any 3GB patch) on Vista 32.I am currently in the VC of my MD11 parked at O'Hare (from FSDreamTeam), AES and ASv6.5 are active, with FS Global 2008 Mesh, UT USA, UT Europe and nearly all World Of AI packages installed. Traffic is at 75%.The memory usage is a constant Working Set at 1.1 Gigs, and a Virtual Size at 1.4 Gigs.If I load the default Cessna, the numbers go down to 0.9 and 1.1.If I load the PMDG 747, the numbers are 1.0 and 1.3.I used Process Explorer from SysInternals to get these numbers. Of course, the numbers depend on your FS9 installation and settings, but they should be stable (at least when parked).It is true that the MD11 needs more memory than the 747, but this should not cause the OOM.It just happens quicker if there is an addon that causes a memory leak.On the other hand, I still need to do a long haul flight with the MD11, hopefully without an OOM. Until now, I just did the tutorial flight from EGLL to LSZH. I keep my fingers crossed.Hope that helps - Norman

Just got another OOM flying EGLL-LIMC, for such a short flight it's impossible that the MD11 used 2.75GB of RAM without some sort of leak...I understand the MD11 may require alot of memory but I can't immagine you expect every customer to have a 64Bit OS.Thanks,Oliver SmithSpecs:Intel C2D E6600 OC to 3.0Ghz | 4 GB GeIL Black Dragon RAM | BFG nForce 680i SLI | WINDOWS XP Pro SP3 | 74GB WD RAPTOR SATA (10000rpm) | SEAGATE BARRACUDAs: 1 x 200GB SATA 1 x 300 GB SATA | 1 Tb External HD | 1 x BFG Geforce 8800 ULTRA OC 768Mb| ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT TRITIUM SUPER AERO COOLER | 1 x 17 INCH TFT Black 1024x768 | 1 x 22 INCH 1680 x 1050 | EGA850EWL-DXX GALAXY

Oliver,It' definitely problem with your OS setup. I have a PC similar to yours (except I have E6700, not E6600) and MD11 uses approximately the same VM size as PMDG747, i.e. up to 1.6GB.Last night I did night flight KORD-KJFK with both FSDT sceneries ON (FSDT is infamous for creating VM hog products), UT USA, ASV6.5 (it was overcast and rain yesterday on East Cost). Then I saved 200m before JFK, exit sim and returned to the flight. On approach to 31R I had VM usage close to 1.5GB. Again - it was JFK exteremely demandive area and I survived somehow without OOM.My advise - check your OS. 2.5GB usage under XP is NOT normal.Oliver,Also, please mention what addons you have in Europe area?. I know for sure that landclasses with C9 EHAM, FSDT LSZH (both are within route EGLL-LIMC) create huge memory leaks. If you use unpatched version of UT Europe, it also contributes to leak. Check if you have latest version and remove all the landlclasses from the scenery.cfg. Then test again.

Oliver,It' definitely problem with your OS setup. I have a PC similar to yours (except I have E6700, not E6600) and MD11 uses approximately the same VM size as PMDG747, i.e. up to 1.6GB.Last night I did night flight KORD-KJFK with both FSDT sceneries ON (FSDT is infamous for creating VM hog products), UT USA, ASV6.5 (it was overcast and rain yesterday on East Cost). Then I saved 200m before JFK, exit sim and returned to the flight. On approach to 31R I had VM usage close to 1.5GB. Again - it was JFK exteremely demandive area and I survived somehow without OOM.My advise - check your OS. 2.5GB usage under XP is NOT normal.
Thanks for your reply YMML. I'm not sure if it used 2.75Gb of RAM, but seeing as it said Flight Simulator is Out of Memory I take it all 2.75Gb were used up. I've flown thousands of hours with the PMDG 747 on this setup for 1 or 2 years and never had a single OOM, so I don't understand how when I start flying the MD11 I suddenly am getting OOMs. What I'm trying to say is that I do enough flights to notice what is causing an OOM, the last 2 flights the only thing changed in FS was the addition of the MD11, so I figure it's down to that.Oh and on the PMDG website it sais minimum RAM is 1GB RAM, from the above posts it would seem these users will get to the runway and back if they're lucky ;)Oliver Smith

What is your Page File settings under WinXP? Can you post a screen? Try to increase it to maximum, unselect "Let System Decide" and try again.Also, I strongly AGAINST of using 3gb patch if you have many addons, AES, other complex planes etc. It's not that simple as some folks say. By applying this patch, you open a can of worms.

What is your Page File settings under WinXP? Can you post a screen? Try to increase it to maximum, unselect "Let System Decide" and try again.Also, I strongly AGAINST of using 3gb patch if you have many addons, AES, other complex planes etc. It's not that simple as some folks say. By applying this patch, you open a can of worms.
The paging file for all drives at the moment is 5629MB.My 4 HDs are distributed like this:C: (main HD with XP32 and most of my applications) -> System Managed SizeD: (HD Raptor with Flightsim only): -> System Managed Size E: (Vista 64bit with FSX) -> No paging fileJ: (1TB External disk used only for files) -> No paging fileAs for the 3Gb Patch I have no intention to use it :( Oliver Smith

The paging file for all drives at the moment is 5629MB.My 4 HDs are distributed like this:C: (main HD with XP32 and most of my applications) -> System Managed SizeD: (HD Raptor with Flightsim only): -> System Managed Size E: (Vista 64bit with FSX) -> No paging fileJ: (1TB External disk used only for files) -> No paging fileAs for the 3Gb Patch I have no intention to use it :( Oliver Smith
Oliver,Perhaps your sophisticated hardware set-up heavily contributes to OOMs. I have PC dedicated for FS2004 only with C-disk only. One OS, no disk partitions. No cameras and other fancy stuff (it's all on my laptop). It allows me to have fast, reliable sim and minimum resources used. The maximum VM size I have ever seen on my PC was 1.7GB.