Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

Pmdg Fs9 Md11

hello, i am 71years of age, i am not looking for sympathy, but a bit of understanding. i downloaded the fs9 md11 today and tried using the tutorial for the fsx model but found discrepancies in the load manager with the data given in the fsx tutorial not being compatable with the fs9 model. there were a few kgs of a difference in the weight of passengers and zfw,togw etc, whereby i could not continue following Markus Mburkhard instructions as a result. is there a difference in the two models to cause this. i realise this is just a fiddly thing, and i am not making a big issue over it. many thanks. richard welsh.

hello, i am 71years of age, i am not looking for sympathy, but a bit of understanding. i downloaded the fs9 md11 today and tried using the tutorial for the fsx model but found discrepancies in the load manager with the data given in the fsx tutorial not being compatable with the fs9 model. there were a few kgs of a difference in the weight of passengers and zfw,togw etc, whereby i could not continue following Markus Mburkhard instructions as a result. is there a difference in the two models to cause this. i realise this is just a fiddly thing, and i am not making a big issue over it. many thanks. richard welsh.
Hi Richard,did you read the "new tutorial", coming with the fs9-downlaod (last revision Jan 5, 2009)?The tutorial for the FSX version (e.g. revision Oct 12, 2008) shows other values.I hope, this helpsUwe(sorry, english is not my native language)

Richard,There have been some changes in the Load Manager for the FS9 version that will result in differences in weights compared to the FSX version. In the FS9 version unit weights are different for each class configuration to make it possible to load the aircraft up to the maximum Zero Fuel Weight. There are also very important changes in the calculation of the ZFWCG limits. This calculation is now done according to Load Manifest Charts and takes into account various parameters (ZFW, TOGW, H/L fuel distribution option, amount of fuel in the tail tank) ensuring that if ZFWCG is within limits, TOCG and in-flight CG will remain within limits as well all the time.These changes will also be applied to the FSX version of the Load Manager when the PMDG MD-11 FSX update becomes available (very soon). However, this should not confuse you. The PMDG MD-11 FS9 version includes a tutorial that reflects all the above changes in weights. Just use the FS9 version tutorial with the FS9 MD-11.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Richard,There have been some changes in the Load Manager for the FS9 version that will result in differences in weights compared to the FSX version. In the FS9 version unit weights are different for each class configuration to make it possible to load the aircraft up to the maximum Zero Fuel Weight. There are also very important changes in the calculation of the ZFWCG limits. This calculation is now done according to Load Manifest Charts and takes into account various parameters (ZFW, TOGW, H/L fuel distribution option, amount of fuel in the tail tank) ensuring that if ZFWCG is within limits, TOCG and in-flight CG will remain within limits as well all the time.These changes will also be applied to the FSX version of the Load Manager when the PMDG MD-11 FSX update becomes available (very soon). However, this should not confuse you. The PMDG MD-11 FS9 version includes a tutorial that reflects all the above changes in weights. Just use the FS9 version tutorial with the FS9 MD-11.
thank you michael and uwe, i must have missed the fact that there is fs9 tutorial on the md11,richard welsh.