Sign in to follow this  
rosariomanzo

Failed To Initialize Md11 Cargo

Hi allI have made the first flight this morning with the MD11F, right after purchase, from EGLL to LIRF. Downloaded and installed Alitalia liveries (cargo and pax) and everything went fine.Then I made another flight with the passenger version, Air New Zealand Livery, and it went all fine again.Finally I loaded the cargo again, but the message "initializing" didn't appear on the top of the screen, and all the displays remained black. No system was working. Tried to load a saved panel state, but nothing. I say again, no initialization message and countdown, even changing between models. Only the passenger version continued to load and work fine.I had to reinstall the whole package to solve the problem. No liveries this time.What has happened?Thanks in advance for you precious support.Edit: forgot to say that I tried restarting the PC, bu no way to make the cargo work. Thanks again.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

What I read is the MD11F for FS9 never initiates? Or, is the problem that it fails to initiate when restarting a flight?I noticed that if I did not get an initiation sequence, I could trigger one by using the msfs menu flight RESET FLIGHT item. I found that sometimes it would not initiate after loading a new flight, but usually did if I created a new flight.If you are never initiating, them maybe you should try downloading the installer again. That problem did not come up during beta.

Dan Downs KCRP

What I read is the MD11F for FS9 never initiates? Or, is the problem that it fails to initiate when restarting a flight?I noticed that if I did not get an initiation sequence, I could trigger one by using the msfs menu flight RESET FLIGHT item. I found that sometimes it would not initiate after loading a new flight, but usually did if I created a new flight.If you are never initiating, them maybe you should try downloading the installer again. That problem did not come up during beta.
First of all, thanks for helping.Talking about the cargo only, which is the one not initializing tonight, it has initialized on the very first flight I did this morning. It didn't initialize tonight. This has happened with the cargo only. The passenger works fine and initializes perfectly, even when the cargo didn't.Anyway, if it should happen again, I will try your workaround.Thanks so much.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Guest HGJ

Here the same problem.. who can help us?Greetz Hendrik Jan van Leeuwen

Here the same problem.. who can help us?Greetz Hendrik Jan van Leeuwen
Which O/S are you using?I don't have the FS9 version,but I'm using Vista 32 bit home edition,and I've noticed that I have to exit FSX and restart FSX or I won't get initialization,also will not load airac data base.Ron

Ron Service

To PMDG guysI've seen on HiFi support forum that the new beta of ASA addresses this problem (http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240125):

- Addressed problem with automatic AI refreshes causing issues with some 3rd party aircraft initialization routines (such as PMDG MD11). Automatic refresh is now disabled, and available only via manual button press in report screen.
Considering that my MD11 didn't initialize using ASA (now it works well, due to the fact I got back to ASV6, waiting for a fix by HiFi), could this be the cause?Thanks for all and keep up the great work.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Guest jwende

Try deleting the md11gauge.ini files in the PMDG folder. You have to-renter your settings you made in the PMDG menu within FS but it helps to solve the initialization issue, at least for me :-)

Have you used the Load Manager before loading the flight? There is a known issue that if you set 0 payload to the Load Manager, "Save to File", then load a flight for this type of aircraft (pax or cargo) initialization will not work. This is solved by adding in the Load Manager at least one passenger or on cargo block. We will provide an updated Load Manager version that fixes that soon.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Have you used the Load Manager before loading the flight? There is a known issue that if you set 0 payload to the Load Manager, "Save to File", then load a flight for this type of aircraft (pax or cargo) initialization will not work. This is solved by adding in the Load Manager at least one passenger or on cargo block. We will provide an updated Load Manager version that fixes that soon.
Ok, didn't know this.Thanks so much.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Try deleting the md11gauge.ini files in the PMDG folder. You have to-renter your settings you made in the PMDG menu within FS but it helps to solve the initialization issue, at least for me :-)
This is the solution that worked for my initialization hiccups.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM