Sign in to follow this  
Lincolnshire Poacher

Help, Where Is The Gps Switch

Just trying to get my act together on the glass cockpit cessna 152 and beech baron (default aircraft), I can set the gps up for my route, get the autopilot on etc but I cant find the nav/gps switch to get the auopilot to follow the sat nav. I know it must be ubder my nose somewhere but I'll be devilled if I can find it. Can anyne help? :( Gweebarraflying from Ireland

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

In the default Garmin G1000 FSX aircraft the CDI button on the PFD will cycle you through Nav1, Nav2 and GPS sources. Just like the manual says!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

In the default Garmin G1000 FSX aircraft the CDI button on the PFD will cycle you through Nav1, Nav2 and GPS sources. Just like the manual says!
Manual? Simpilots never read no stinking manuals! :( Real pilots read hundreds of 'em though... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just trying to get my act together on the glass cockpit cessna 152 and beech baron (default aircraft), I can set the gps up for my route, get the autopilot on etc but I cant find the nav/gps switch to get the auopilot to follow the sat nav. I know it must be ubder my nose somewhere but I'll be devilled if I can find it. Can anyne help? :(
As I recall there is no NAV/GPS button in the default Baron, and I'm not familiar with the Cessna 152. The simple solution to the problem is to assign a keypress to this switch in the Controls/Assignments dialogue. I think you'll find the setting in the Radios control assignment grouping. I've got mine set to Shift + N which makes navigating a lot easier!Good luck, and welcome to Avsim. :( Mike.

Mike Beckwith

That sorted it, I'm gonna sit down and RTFM. :( Thanks to all for your help and welcome.Gweebarra

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler