Sign in to follow this  
some1

Force Fs Weather Refresh Button?

Hello. I've bought ASA right after release and overally I'm very satisfied. Plenty of functions, good interface, works great. However there is one thing I'm missing. It's button called "Force FS weather refresh", just like in good old FSMetar. What this button would do is just to reconnect ASA to FSX, and inject current ASA weather, without delays or fade in and without antoher weather download from servers. For me it would be useful in many situations like:- loading previously saved flight- restarting a flight (for example because of crash)- restarting FSX (same reason as above ;) )- ASA temporarily loosing connection to FSX (on network configurations)- changing weather in FSX setup, and then going back to ASA weatherCurrently the only possible way of reloading weather seems to me to restart ASA. But this takes some time as you surely know.I've also seen this request on a forum before, but can you possibly make an option to disable AI refresh? Many fly without AI or simply don't care, and don't need additional "loading" screen at startup.And the really last thing: have you thought about adding ASA to FSX menu under "addons" section? Just several options that could be used without minimizing FSX, like "refresh weather", "display local / destination metar" and so on :)Mike

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Hi Mike,1. There is a refresh icon. Yes it downloads the weather again, but we need to do a download and reprocess the data.2. AI Refresh is being looked at.3. We run completely outside of FS and we don't even use or have a .dll in order to hook into the FSX menu bar. And now many users have a second monitor or run things over a network for a second screen.Thanks!

Ok, I know about that icon, thought that doing a refresh without downloading weather again is easy. The problem with current refresh is that if I load a flight, start asa and load weather, everything is OK. But if I then reset a flight (Ctrl + ;) or load another one that I previously saved, ASA don't update weather anymore, like it lost connection, or something broke in FSX. I can still refresh AI, but I can't refresh weather, or force the weather using Wx config tab and "Apply weather" button. The only solution is to restart ASA, then weather is back.

We run completely outside of FS and we don't even use or have a .dll in order to hook into the FSX menu bar.
You don't need to have a dll. You're using simconnect connection to set weather, the same connection can be used to add or modify some menus (using SimConnect_MenuAddItem for example). They can be added and removed at any time. Just an idea though.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Hi,The "lost connection" is being looked at with our SP1.Thanks,

Looking forward to SP1 then.Thanks!

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations