Sign in to follow this  
SK-1323

Fs9 Md-11 Nose Wheel Doors

After having some fun with the big 11 and taking some screenshots, i found that the noswheel doors is barely closed when the gear is down. For me it's not a big thing, but i'm just wondering if this is normal or if it is a so-called "bug"?Here's two screenshots to show you what i mean:fs92009-01-0621-00-57-32.jpgfs92009-01-0621-01-09-51.jpg

Guest JaredA

This looks to be a bug, but it appears the door indications on the FMC and model are reversed, as in if the FMC indicates a door is open, on the model its closed and when the FMC indicates closed the door on the model is open.Maybe someone could verify this, in case its just me.

In the FMC, it's not reversed. It shows what position you want to set, not what is set. For example, if the doors are closed, it'll ask if you want to "*OPEN" it.

Guest JaredA

Oh ok, it was just me :)

On all the ground photos of the MD-11 i have seen on airliners.net there is nopicture that shows the nose wheel doors as shown on my Screenshots. On mu screenshot you can also see the struts going straight through the doors, which i don't think looks very realistic.As i said, it's not really a big deal for me, but i just wanted to report it to the PMDG team and to see if there is any other FS9 users that may experience the same thingRegardsJan

On all the ground photos of the MD-11 i have seen on airliners.net there is nopicture that shows the nose wheel doors as shown on my Screenshots. On mu screenshot you can also see the struts going straight through the doors, which i don't think looks very realistic.As i said, it's not really a big deal for me, but i just wanted to report it to the PMDG team and to see if there is any other FS9 users that may experience the same thing
The strut going up to the gear doors and causing them to be slightly ajar is correct... what is making the PMDG MD-11 front gear look odd is the lack of the smaller gear doors on the PMDG model. These missing doors cover up most of the strut running up to the gear bay.Take a look at this picture:http://tinyurl.com/82bvgc

The strut going up to the gear doors and causing them to be slightly ajar is correct... what is making the PMDG MD-11 front gear look odd is the lack of the smaller gear doors on the PMDG model. These missing doors cover up most of the strut running up to the gear bay.Take a look at this picture:http://tinyurl.com/82bvgc
Aha, now i see.. i can't believe i didn't notice that. Thanks alot for the answer

The missing gear doors were totally missed. The liveries will probably get touch-ups over the next couple days... personally, checking liveries was more tedious than looking for problems in the aircraft itself (e.g., download a lot of links, install each one, look at each one, uninstall each one and do again ad infinitum; hard to stay focused). I'm not complaining, had more fun that I've ever had in flight sim, just that is one we missed.

Dan Downs KCRP

The missing gear doors were totally missed. The liveries will probably get touch-ups over the next couple days... personally, checking liveries was more tedious than looking for problems in the aircraft itself (e.g., download a lot of links, install each one, look at each one, uninstall each one and do again ad infinitum; hard to stay focused). I'm not complaining, had more fun that I've ever had in flight sim, just that is one we missed.
I don't blame you at all. Just want to make sure it gets fixed at some point. :D