Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Md11 For Fs9 Black Screen And Then Fs9 Restart

Hi,Just successfully installed MD11 for FS9. When I load up the plane, can see cockpit fine until Fixes/routes box finishes loading and then screen goes lack and FS9 restarts itself.No problems with MD11 for FSX nor any problems with any other PMDG product on FS9.I do not have a 'no cd crack'.Any advice would be appreciated.Renzo2.7 processor4gb Ram8800 Nvidea graphics card

Bill Miller

I assume MD11 for FS9 has not worked before, that this is first install and it will not start.If my assumption is correct, then maybe your download was corrupt and you might try to re-download the installer. Do you also have 747 for FS9? Made sure it works today? It it runs then you can rule out the render to texture, tcas and traffic dll errors that will also cause CTDs.Hope this helps.I assume MD11 for FS9 has not worked before, that this is first install and it will not start.If my assumption is correct, then maybe your download was corrupt and you might try to re-download the installer. Do you also have 747 for FS9? Made sure it works today? It it runs then you can rule out the render to texture, tcas and traffic dll errors that will also cause CTDs.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest chunkster

Hi,I am experiencing the same issue, black screen then ctd (fs9 has encountered a problem and needs to close etc). Although this is also happening with the PMDG747 and the PMDG737, even the default cessna! My LDS767 is still functioning as normal however..From the previous post I have checked; render to texture, tcas and traffic dll errors, as per the PMDG ops, but all is as it should be.Any ideas? Must admit I did have initial installation problems, due to having the no cd crack :( , but fixed this using the fsregistry tool, installation was then ok, no issues. Have also tried redownloading the product (corrupt file?) and reinstalling, but all to no avail.Never had an issue like this before and hence thinking that a reinstallation of fs9 is probably the solution, but hope not.Any help is greatly appreciated.Cheers guysNeil

Guest chunkster

Correction, this also affects the LDS, just not immediately, unlike the other products mentioned.CheersNeil

Correction, this also affects the LDS, just not immediately, unlike the other products mentioned.CheersNeil
What is the actual error? Is it G2D.dll or G3D.dll? Have you tried loading the default Cessna first and then switching to the more intense add-ons ala PMDG, LDS even PSS etc..? For some reason I find I have to do that on my XP 64 system or I will get the black screen FS has encountered a problem yada yada yada...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest chunkster

If I load up fs9 and hit fly now, i.e cessna @ksea, I get the black screen and closure of fs9, no further info on the actual cause. Same for any other airport and aircraft as it happens. Thanks Paul.CheersNeil

If I load up fs9 and hit fly now, i.e cessna @ksea, I get the black screen and closure of fs9, no further info on the actual cause. Same for any other airport and aircraft as it happens. Thanks Paul.CheersNeil
Hmmm, And this happens only since the MD? Is there a certain point after you hit fly now it crashes, ie loading textures, 58% etc...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest chunkster

Yep, the problem emerged immediately after installing the MD, all was well before. With the cessna all the textures load ok and all is fine, but then crashes after about 5 to 10 seconds or so. With the LDS I get about 60 seconds before that crashes, but with the PMDG products its almost instant. When I first tried loading up the MD11 (immediately after installation) all was ok but crashed after 10 seconds or so, now its pretty much instant. Very strange indeed....

Yep, the problem emerged immediately after installing the MD, all was well before. With the cessna all the textures load ok and all is fine, but then crashes after about 5 to 10 seconds or so. With the LDS I get about 60 seconds before that crashes, but with the PMDG products its almost instant. When I first tried loading up the MD11 (immediately after installation) all was ok but crashed after 10 seconds or so, now its pretty much instant. Very strange indeed....
Can you please do me a favor and try this:Uninstall- TestRe-Install-TestI want to see if removing the MD fixes the issue. Do you use system restore? Sometimes popping back a day or two can be very useful ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest chunkster

Hi, I've unistalled the MD but experiencing the same problem.Having thought about things, the problem is probably not due to the MD installation itself. After initially downloading the MD product and attempting install, it wouldn't allow me to because I didn't have fs9.1, but fs9.0something or other. I then downloaded the fs9.1 update from the MS site but it took ages to install, was still at 0% after 10 minutes! although it ran in part, just the final bit hung, so I figured there was an issue and cancelled it. Then repeated the process but same outcome. I then read somewhere about fsregistry fixing this so ran it and hey presto! fs9.1 was installed and I was able to do likewise with the MD. Things probably went wrong once the fs9.1 update was installed, although I'm unsure as I didn't test it and proceeded with the MD installation. Hope this helps and thanks for your suggestions Paul.Oh, I don't use restore btw, have never needed it, thats likely to change now though ;-)CheersNeil

Guest AWA747

I also Have been having the same issue with it when I got the the MD-11 I also got the FS9 update first. Then I got the MD-11 I have redownloaded the MD and run the fix and it still did it. I now just unistalled the MD and went on FS9 and it did it again on on the PMDG747 just not as fast. Adam KPHX

Guest chunkster

Join the club Adam, hehehe. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and reinstall FS9, update it to 9.1 and see what happens. My FS9 is presently unusable and it could take some time to find a solution, if indeed there is one! Am too eager to try the bird out after many years of anticipation. Is your FS9 setup also screwed?CheersNeil

Guest AWA747

Neil I think I might do the samething I have way to much stuff on my FS9 its not funny the only thing is if I do that I will loose my PMDG 747 and 737. which I don't want to do that. Also I think I did screw FS9 up a little. Adam KPHX