Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

Alphasim T34-c Mentor - Help

Guest rdg

Hi,Bought this and I am really impressed. Not sure how they did it, as the plane is far from your average payware in as far as the functionality provided. This is the first complex a/c I have purchased that has a minimal frame hit. Most that I have purchased put my system into slide show mode. Anyway, I found a forum that had a fairly long discussion on the systems, but falls short in providing solid checklists. Although the manual is lengthy and much detail is provided, there is still much confusion. This confusion is partly due to how the systems were modeled in real life vs. how is was implemented in the model. First, this is my first turbo model so I am trying to understand the turbine itself as well as the instruments and processes which support this type of engine. Most of the confusion is primarily centered around the startup process. It seems in the manual, that the terms "condition lever", "fuel condition lever", and "propeller pitch control" are used interchangeably. The PPC it seems is sometimes referred to as the condition lever, but I am not sure. There is a fuel condition lever which is either on or off, and this is where it seems the actual functionality to model discrpencies seem to exist. When it seems sometimes the manual is talking about PPC, it really means the condition lever or maybe the fuel condition lever. :( I was hoping someone here has purchased the plane and has some experience with it and might be able to lend a helping hand. When on the forums, someone will say, "Doing it this way seems to work", then someone else will say "No, it should be done this way".....Any help would be appreciated. I really do love the plane, and I have actually got off the ground a couple of times, but the engine quit on me. I kept my eye on the instruments, but could not tell what the issue was. I had sent an email to Alphasim a couple of days ago but no response.ThanksBob G.

I can't recall the exact startup process but I do know when you first get in just under the throttle there is a red fuel cutoff lever, before doing anything give it a click! If not the AC will stall pretty shortly after take off or taxi. If doing a cold start it will be near impossible to keep the engine running.

Alphasim T-34C Mentor help is rare so I thought I add to this thread.First, the startup tip put me out of my misery, thanks. I've now got another problem. The damned thing won't idle now! At engine start it gallops off down the taxiway and at landing it refuses to shut down the power. I understand the turbine bit and reduce power to nothing from waaaay out but to no avail. I'm not flying IT. IT's flying me! :( Any clues? I've read the manual (this in itself is unusual) which shows how mystified I am.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.