Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Chew

Setting The Altimeter

Hi all,Could anyone tell me if it's possible to set up keyboard shortcuts to adjust the altimeter incrementally? I'm aware of the "B" shortcut to automatically set the altimeter, and that the altimeter setting can be adjusted by scrolling the mouse wheel, but I really need a keyboard solution. I do have a registered version of FSUIPC, but I haven't been able to find a keyboard option for adjusting the altimeter there. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

It is possible by editing your FS9.cfg file.Open it and find the [keyboard main] section.Edit it to look like - [KEYBOARD_MAIN]KOHLSMAN_INC=190,11KOHLSMAN_DEC=188,11This will allow you to raise or lower the altimeter setting with the keystrokes CTRL+SHFT <, AND >. respectively.There is a complete list of available controls included with FSUIPC

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Another option would be to replace[KEYBOARD_MAIN]KOHLSMAN_INC=190,11KOHLSMAN_DEC=188,11with[KEYBOARD_MAIN]KOHLSMAN_SET=190,11This would allow you to hit CTRL+SHFT > and then use the + and/or- keys to adjust the altimeter.These suggestions are based on a US keyboard others may not work.For those that aren't aware, there are dozens of commands listed in that document that you can program into keystrokes through your FS9.cfg. Far more than are available through the sim.[edit]you can also program these commands to your joystick buttons also[\edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FSPassengers can do this but only on certain aircraft. Check before you spend your 50 bucks.JimCYWG