Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Question -- What UnZip Utility Do You Use?

Guest ba747heavy

I have been wondering, what is the most popular unzip utility for unzipping the files? I personally use ZipCentral. It is free, wonderful, and full featured. Not as refined as WinZip(don't get me started on this......... :-8 :-lol) or WinRAR, but being as it is free it is the best deal out there IMHO :D:-beerchug

I started deploying ICEOWS on my WAN, as it is also freeware.... It has a GUI interface, and is fast, and has RAR & CAB support. But I still prefer Winzip at home. It's hard to get away from habit, I guess.... It's been a great tool for the umpteen million MSFS downloads I've done over the years....

Guest RonB49

WinXP's built-in extractor utility (I don't know its name). WinZIP before December. R-

Guest Milamber

I have used Windows built in handler for zip files from ME onwards (or maybe it was the second release of 98, I can't remember when it first showed up). WinRar or WinAce for other archives.

WinAce for years and up until a few months ago - WinRAR now that they finally fixed and greatly improved its shell handlers (right click-drag drop, etc). WinRAR's shell integration is by far the best there is now. WinRAR's SFX abilities are also excellent these days for simple use, but I still create WinRAR made zip SFX pacakges with SFX-Factory! when it doesn't go quite far enough. Or, of course, true Wise Installers when required.Elrond---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (Y/N)

Guest outtatimeiii

I use WinRAR, since it offers fast decompression and awesome compression. If im transferring programs or something to my old IBM XT (yes, it still works and useful) via 720K floppy disks, then I use ARJ. It's like the only compression program that works on a old 8088 4.77MHz (its as slow as molasses on a cold day :-lol, but it works LOL).

I use netzip-it's pretty reliable and easy to use.

Guest ba747heavy

WinRAR is nice, but it costs money (I am cheap ;-))