Sign in to follow this  
AirbusA340300

Are You Kidding Me!

So, after being away from FS for 3 years or so due to being away at college and my computer sucking, i decided to get back into it with a new rig. I ordered all my parts last week, and after waiting a week they finally arrived today. i was absolutely thrilled, i figured it would take a few hours to build it and get it all set up, and then i would start training in the PMDG Md-11. so i started building, and i had a little scare because i thought that the SATA cables required for my hard and optical drive needed to be ordered separately, but i realized that they came packed with my mobo. ok, back to work. i get the CPU in, and then installed the RAM, and i was about to drop the mobo in the case when i realized that................... the screws required to fasten the mobo where not there. i looked hi and low and it was a no go. on top of that, the screws for installing the HD and the railing for the optical drive was not included. i wanted to cry, i waited a week, and then today when UPS came i felt like a 5 year old on christmas morning. so i called the case company and they said that they would send me some as it should have came with the case. but im sure that will take like a week.So tommorow i think i will call new egg and maybe they can get me the parts quickly. im so ###### and sad at the same time, its a huge bummer. i had to vent somewhere and i figured avsim would be a good place to do it. btw, does anyone know if they fixed the clock issue in FSX? because i remember in FS9 the in game clock ran either too fast or slow, i cant remember, and on long flights the difference between real and in game time would be like half an houradam k

Can't say about the clock. In neighborhood I can visit three different stores that have basic computer maintenance kits that include screws and tools. That might be faster for you.

Guest ziporama

Last time that happened to me I got a power outage before plugging the assembled "thing" in due to a terrible thunderstorm. I decided then it was time for me to go to bed with a good bottle.Hang in there.Etienne

He's right, a local computer store should be able to hook you up. Maybe even Best Buys or Circuit City...Larry

He's right, a local computer store should be able to hook you up. Maybe even Best Buys or Circuit City...Larry
Circuit City was closing their doors as of Jan 1, so unless that changed... :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

i just got off the phone with new egg, and they said that they dont have the hardware for the case. which is weird because when i called silverstone they said that it should have come with the case. so i called silverstone and they sent the hardware in the mail, it should get here by monday....i hope. and about finding a store here, i dont think thats going to happen. my university is in a little town in southern illinois. if i was looking for something hunting/nascar related, then i would be in luck. so i guess ill just have to go back to looking at pictures of FSX until i can get my pc running. as ted stryker would say, " what a pisser"adam

Guest byoungblood

Those screws aren't anything special, take one to your local hardware store and match the thread pitch and length and you'll be golden.

Or if you still have the old computer, take the screws out of it.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Circuit City isn't closing everywhere. I believe none of the CC stores in Massachusetts USA are closing.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Circuit City is open here as well. Not all the stores are closing (yet)had the same problem with a recent pc rebuild, my local pc shop had a bowl full of screws, stand-offs and stuff and told me to take what I needed. No charge..Larry