Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Couple Questions For The Devs On The Fs9 Md11

Hi guys,Firstly, you did an amazing job on the MD. Congratulations are in order. I do have a few questions though.1. Can the load manager be configured to remember the last saved load? I ask because if you close it before setting up the FMC, you lose the CG data.2. When in TRK mode on the FCP, the ND only displays TRK. It does not display a heading pointer. Is this normal?3. In the ITVV Martinair video (part1 at 44:40), when FMC SPD is engaged in the cruise, rotating the speed knob changes the selected speed, and if the change is small, the new speed target remains pink. If a large change is made, the target changes to white. Is this an airline option? I notice in the PMDG MD11, the target immediately changes to white.4. While flying on vatsim, is there any way I can listen to 2 frequencies at once? I find that if I select VHF2 with the black MIC button on the captain's panel, it immediately goes back to VHF1. How do I listen to VHF2 via the captain's panel, or both VHF 1 & 2 simultaneously (to get the ATIS)?5. How does one remove the VC? I never use it, and it just hogs frames.5.5 This one may be dreaming a bit, but it's worth a try. Since we haven't any profiles for FSB, TOPCAT etc, is there any way the FMC could export the flightplan to a text file for printing?5.75 While I'm dreaming, any chance we could get it to read the wind aloft data from the activesky flightplan? :( Sorry for my bad englishPaul

Paul,1. I don't believe so.4. You seem to have found a bug, I just reported it. :( As for how you listen, right below the black mic buttons are the volume knobs. If you click on the knob for VHF2, it will pop out, and then you'll be able to listen. (There also seems to be a bug when you go to push it back in, just double click and you should be fine.)5. You can't.Those are the ones I can answer. Hope it helps a little bit. :(

Hi guys,Firstly, you did an amazing job on the MD. Congratulations are in order. I do have a few questions though.1. Can the load manager be configured to remember the last saved load? I ask because if you close it before setting up the FMC, you lose the CG data.2. When in TRK mode on the FCP, the ND only displays TRK. It does not display a heading pointer. Is this normal?3. In the ITVV Martinair video (part1 at 44:40), when FMC SPD is engaged in the cruise, rotating the speed knob changes the selected speed, and if the change is small, the new speed target remains pink. If a large change is made, the target changes to white. Is this an airline option? I notice in the PMDG MD11, the target immediately changes to white.4. While flying on vatsim, is there any way I can listen to 2 frequencies at once? I find that if I select VHF2 with the black MIC button on the captain's panel, it immediately goes back to VHF1. How do I listen to VHF2 via the captain's panel, or both VHF 1 & 2 simultaneously (to get the ATIS)?5. How does one remove the VC? I never use it, and it just hogs frames.5.5 This one may be dreaming a bit, but it's worth a try. Since we haven't any profiles for FSB, TOPCAT etc, is there any way the FMC could export the flightplan to a text file for printing?5.75 While I'm dreaming, any chance we could get it to read the wind aloft data from the activesky flightplan? :( Sorry for my bad englishPaul
1. You can't, but you don't need to remember the CG data when you setup the FMS. If you right click on the LSK next to ZFW, ZFWCG and TOCG the correct value will appear on the scratchpad. 2. This is normal3. No option, this is wroking the same way on the PMDG MD-11. Color will remain magenta if difference is less than 5 KIAS or 0.02 MACH

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks Michael,I actually got the speed bug thing to work once, but can't reproduce it. How exactly does it work, ie. the mode logic? I just pull the speed knob, and turn it right?Apologies if it's in the manual, but I can't seem to find it. If it is indeed covered, just say so instead of explaining it here.Paul