Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

Pro Rudder Pedals And Auto-brakes...

Hi,I believe they stated that the update that's coming out today should fix this problem. I'd wait for further tests until after the update and see how it goes.-stefan
Stefan,No we didn't say that. The fix was included in the FS9 version. The PMDG MD-11 FSX update that will be released today will also fix these problems for the PMDG MD-11 FSX. The PMDG MD-11 FS9 update that will be released today has no changes related to the problems discussed in this post. While preparing the FS9 version and the update to the FSX version we have spent a lot of time investigation all sorts of problems caused to the ABS by the use of rudder pedals either assigned through FS or assigned/calibrated with FSUIPC. We have made changes and tested them extensively on various configurations with various brands of rudder pedals to ensure everything is working as expected. Considering that I personally have the exact same equipment with Francois (Saitec Pro Rudder Pedals) and they work fine in all kind of FS and FSUIPC control set-ups (except with the "Filter" box in FSUIPC ticked as I mentioned) there is nothing else I can do at this stage. Unless I have a situation that I can reproduce on my end there is no way to fix it.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

except with the "Filter" box in FSUIPC ticked as I mentioned
Michael,I don't know how to thank you :( I had the same problems as discribed in this topic : no more autobrakes.All my buttons and axis are via FSUIPC, INCLUDING "filter" option => really don't know why this is for, but anyway ...After your suggestion to untic this option i have autobrakes again :( I have FS9.1 and your excellent B744/B744F (No MD11 yet installed).

hi all,I also have trouble with Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (USB) and FS9 version of MD11.My problem is that parking brake can

hi all,I also have trouble with Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (USB) and FS9 version of MD11.My problem is that parking brake can

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Michael,How are the brakes axis of your rudder pedals set? From the FS controls menu? Or through a registered FSUIPC version?
good morning Michael,thanks for your fast reply.Both are set. FS controls menu and registered FSUIPC.I switched off one after another and reconfigured. No success.I did upload 2 pics.Michael

Guest FrancoisH
Considering that I personally have the exact same equipment with Francois (Saitec Pro Rudder Pedals) and they work fine in all kind of FS and FSUIPC control set-ups (except with the "Filter" box in FSUIPC ticked as I mentioned) there is nothing else I can do at this stage. Unless I have a situation that I can reproduce on my end there is no way to fix it.
Surprisingly, I find that some of your do not have to "Reverse" axis with the saitek pro rudder pedals as I have and I am like sure this is related to this option...My problem is and still is that if I USE BRAKES AFTER arm of the AUTO-BRAKES it sometimes make auto-brakes disarmed BUT THE ABS DISARM is not alive on the glareshield... So auto-brakes just do not work. I am almost sure the system that make auto-brakes being disarmed is taking into account any pressure on my brakes EVEN if the auto-brakes are not yet activated, so I think it is not normal... either the light should go on or it should not be taken into account.I can reproduce it almost everytime. I tried to test that many time, using FSUIPC or FS Axis definition... It happens less when using FSUIPC than when using directly FS... but it still happens regularly.The only workaround I found is to rearm brakes after line-up or last use of my brakes at take-off and be sure to not press toe brakes before landing... but anyway this is an annoying issue.I noticed when this happens that I can no longer use my "brake" key untill I rearm the system... when I press brakes, nothing light up... but this do not happens each time either...Regards.

good morning Michael,thanks for your fast reply.Both are set. FS controls menu and registered FSUIPC.I switched off one after another and reconfigured. No success.I did upload 2 pics.Michael
Michael,In FS Controls left/right brakes should have the "reverse" box ticked. This is how they work for me and this is what the Saitek manual says (also in the sensitivities menu, sensitivity must be set to full and null zone close to 0). Without the reverse box ticked you will have constant braking when you don't press the pedals. Make this change, then disable FSUIPC calibration, pressing the "reset" button for both brakes ("axis not processed" should display). You might need to restart FS9 for these changes to take effect.Check if this works. It should work this way. If you want to use the FSUIPC calibration option, try to do again the calibration in the FSUIPC, without changing any of the FS control settings.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Surprisingly, I find that some of your do not have to "Reverse" axis with the saitek pro rudder pedals as I have and I am like sure this is related to this option...My problem is and still is that if I USE BRAKES AFTER arm of the AUTO-BRAKES it sometimes make auto-brakes disarmed BUT THE ABS DISARM is not alive on the glareshield... So auto-brakes just do not work. I am almost sure the system that make auto-brakes being disarmed is taking into account any pressure on my brakes EVEN if the auto-brakes are not yet activated, so I think it is not normal... either the light should go on or it should not be taken into account.I can reproduce it almost everytime. I tried to test that many time, using FSUIPC or FS Axis definition... It happens less when using FSUIPC than when using directly FS... but it still happens regularly.The only workaround I found is to rearm brakes after line-up or last use of my brakes at take-off and be sure to not press toe brakes before landing... but anyway this is an annoying issue.I noticed when this happens that I can no longer use my "brake" key untill I rearm the system... when I press brakes, nothing light up... but this do not happens each time either...Regards.
Francois, This SHOULD be working. Initially remove the left/axis assignment from FSUIPC and use the FS controls assignment. Make sure "reverse" is ticked, sensitivity is set to full, and null zone is close to 0.Restart FS. If it is still not working: Take screenshots of the FS controls assignment screen, and the FSUIPC "sensitivities screen"Go to the FSUIPC "joystic calibration" screen. "Not processed" should be displayed for left/right brakes. Do NOT press SET.Press and release the rudder brakes, then take one screenshot with brakes not pressed and one with brakes fully pressed. Post the screenshots and we will sort this out.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Michael,In FS Controls left/right brakes should have the "reverse" box ticked. This is how they work for me and this is what the Saitek manual says (also in the sensitivities menu, sensitivity must be set to full and null zone close to 0). Without the reverse box ticked you will have constant braking when you don't press the pedals. Make this change, then disable FSUIPC calibration, pressing the "reset" button for both brakes ("axis not processed" should display). You might need to restart FS9 for these changes to take effect.Check if this works. It should work this way. If you want to use the FSUIPC calibration option, try to do again the calibration in the FSUIPC, without changing any of the FS control settings.
good morning Michael,it

Just as an FYI, I had the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals working fine with FSUIPC axis assignment and calibration + MD11 autobrake before the FSX version update. After the update the autobrake disarms every time I use the parking brake.Not a problem as everything works if using FS axis assignment. Just thought I'd let you know.Tom

Guest FrancoisH
Just as an FYI, I had the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals working fine with FSUIPC axis assignment and calibration + MD11 autobrake before the FSX version update. After the update the autobrake disarms every time I use the parking brake.Not a problem as everything works if using FS axis assignment. Just thought I'd let you know.Tom
As I said, it is not working all the time, either with FS or FSUIPC assignements, even after a restart of FS to be really sure...I goes trough the test many times now and still the same thing... Sometime, using brake at taxi prevent them from working on a rejected take-off except if they are rearmed (switch to off then on) on the runway but this happens without any ABS Disarm light going on... The light come on correctly if I use brakes when auto-brakes are operating.Regards.

As I said, it is not working all the time, either with FS or FSUIPC assignements, even after a restart of FS to be really sure...I goes trough the test many times now and still the same thing... Sometime, using brake at taxi prevent them from working on a rejected take-off except if they are rearmed (switch to off then on) on the runway but this happens without any ABS Disarm light going on... The light come on correctly if I use brakes when auto-brakes are operating.Regards.
Francois,As I said it SHOULD be working. Something is wrong on your side. If you want to solve this then you must help me to help you.Follow the steps I described in my previous mail and take the screenshots I asked for at the flow of these steps. Then post the results with the screenshots. Then I will now what is happening on your end and be able to help you.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Tom,This is true. In the updated FSX ABS will not work if the FSUIPC joystick calibration is set for left/right brake. We had to do that to ensure it is always properly working with the default FS control assignment, as not everyone has a registered FSUIPC version. Actually in the previous FSX version FSCUIP calibration was creating problems in many cases. "autobrake disarms every time I use the parking brake"BTW, this statement does not make sense. To set the parking brake you have to press the brakes, so ABS if it is active will disarm. This is normal. But why would ABS be active? If it is after an ABS application at landing or a RTO, this is OK, it should disarm with brakes or parking brakes. If it is before, the ABS is armed but not active, and it should not disarm. Maybe it is something else you wanted to say?

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg