Sign in to follow this  
Guest jenkins

Msfs Or X-plane

Guest jenkins

just to let you know I am going with x-plane. Flight dynamics exceed in x-plane. X-plane is actually catching up fast to msfs. One aircraft THATS FREE already has wing flex. and two more aircraft are in the works with wing flex. Most aircraft are free and are designed very well. Since none has said anything about frame rate I assume x-plane has better frame rate. like I sid scenery from fs04 can be converted very well in x-plane. soo, cya

just to let you know I am going with x-plane. Flight dynamics exceed in x-plane. X-plane is actually catching up fast to msfs. One aircraft THATS FREE already has wing flex. and two more aircraft are in the works with wing flex. Most aircraft are free and are designed very well. Since none has said anything about frame rate I assume x-plane has better frame rate. like I sid scenery from fs04 can be converted very well in x-plane.
Some of us do have personal lives that keep us away from the internet for a day or two :( especially when the weather is perfect to go iceskating here in Holland.If you used both demo's you should have an indication of the FPS that can be achieved in both sims. My personal feeling with the FS series is that I keep tweaking and fideling to get a better framerate. X-Plane has a lot less parameters to tweak but also somehow it has a reasonable framrate. That might be down to the fact that the flightmodel needs a good framerate to function at all though.If you are interested in realy good payware you can get an exelent package with piper aircraft here: http://www.c74.net/xplane/_piper.html With 14 aircraft for just $ 14,00 its a great deal.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest rekhraj

x-plane focuses on serious flying....the controls and flight dynamics are very very real...i wouldn't recommend it to a newbie (not insulting).....furthermore... x-plane takes up ALOT of space for in ur hard drive...ard 60GB++......and wat i heard is that is doesnt really focus on scenery and all that much unlike flight simulator....and by using flight simulator....u can tweak it alotttt....and of course there's abundant downloads available for fs9/ fsX but x-plane downloads are not all that common....final thought....unless ur serious abt being a pilot....stick to flight simulator 2004 or flight simulator x...preferably fs2004....cause it doesnt kill ur pc...hahaha....tc...happy flying! :)

Guest rekhraj
nothing eh :(
jenkins....not being mean or anything but.... framerates depend entirely on ur pc.....my fs9 runs abt 25 fps cause my pc is capable of only so much...however my friend's fs9 can give him ard 45 fps...due to his killer pc..lol....and x-plane takes up ALOT of ram and it may overheat ur cpu unless ur using a duo-core or more....

jenkins....not being mean or anything but.... framerates depend entirely on ur pc.....my fs9 runs abt 25 fps cause my pc is capable of only so much...however my friend's fs9 can give him ard 45 fps...due to his killer pc..lol....and x-plane takes up ALOT of ram and it may overheat ur cpu unless ur using a duo-core or more....
This is getting way off topic for the FS9 forum but I do have to comment on this and your previous post.In my experience (on 4 different hardware configurations) X-plane 8 & X-plane 9 with default settings have consistently higer framerates then FS9 (with optimised settings) on the same machine. As I suggested before X-Plane needs a fluid framerate for its flightmodel so any drop below 20 FPS and X-plane will forcea lower view distance for you.The massive install size qouted is if you install all world scenery. I ussually just install the US or the US and Europe. A full install off X-Plane with EU and US scenery will use around 9 GB.None of my proccessors ever overheated but then again no PC ever overheats from running a program not even running FS-X with all sliders right does that.I do think that in X-plane you will miss the excelent system simulation that you can get in the PMDG and Level-D add-ons. Those add-ons keep FS9 on my HDD. Also the living world that AI traffic creates is missing in X-plane.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest rekhraj
This is getting way off topic for the FS9 forum but I do have to comment on this and your previous post.In my experience (on 4 different hardware configurations) X-plane 8 & X-plane 9 with default settings have consistently higer framerates then FS9 (with optimised settings) on the same machine. As I suggested before X-Plane needs a fluid framerate for its flightmodel so any drop below 20 FPS and X-plane will forcea lower view distance for you.The massive install size qouted is if you install all world scenery. I ussually just install the US or the US and Europe. A full install off X-Plane with EU and US scenery will use around 9 GB.None of my proccessors ever overheated but then again no PC ever overheats from running a program not even running FS-X with all sliders right does that.I do think that in X-plane you will miss the excelent system simulation that you can get in the PMDG and Level-D add-ons. Those add-ons keep FS9 on my HDD. Also the living world that AI traffic creates is missing in X-plane.
oh ok...but i have came across pc's that overheat....normally single core processors.... but wouldnt the higher framerate slowly but surely have an impact on the pc's performance?...i mean the pc does have to support a heavy game....

x-plane focuses on serious flying....the controls and flight dynamics are very very real...i wouldn't recommend it to a newbie (not insulting).....furthermore... x-plane takes up ALOT of space for in ur hard drive...ard 60GB++......and wat i heard is that is doesnt really focus on scenery and all that much unlike flight simulator....and by using flight simulator....u can tweak it alotttt....and of course there's abundant downloads available for fs9/ fsX but x-plane downloads are not all that common....final thought....unless ur serious abt being a pilot....stick to flight simulator 2004 or flight simulator x...preferably fs2004....cause it doesnt kill ur pc...hahaha....tc...happy flying! :)
X-Plane is NO more serious than MSFS; although it's always been promoted as if it is. If you hear it enough, you will believe it, I suppose.When it comes down to it, X-Planes flight dynamics are no better than what's available for MSFS, and often worse. You will get real life data-bases for terrain and navigation with both sims. As previously mentioned, MSFS has more in the way of systems, thanks to many 3rd party authors.The best advice I can give, is to use FS9, FSX, and X-Plane if you have the time and CPU power. That's what I've done; because each has some particular advantages. However, X-Plane is NO graduation to getting closer to real flight. Like I said, I don't find it's controls and flight dynamics any more real than MSFS; and I've flown many types of real planes, as well as owning them. I guess that makes me a "serious pilot", even though I still like MSFS.. :( L.Adamson

Try pulling the yoke backwards or forwards in X-Plane and observe the response in spot view mode. Compared with FS9 or FSX, there is a big difference between the way inertia and momentum are incorporated in each flight sim. You'll probably like the fluidity and the sense of moving through a 3D medium in X-Plane; for example, flying through a cloud and seeing the impact of cloud turbulence on the plane itself. I fly both X-Plane and FS9/FSX, they each have their own advantages.

Guest jenkins

Yes they both do have their own advantages. MSFS has eye candy. X-plane Better flight dynamics. You decide more realism go with x-plane. Want better city detail go with fsx. I would just rather go with realism!