Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

Spoilers Not Deploying

Hi RalphThanks for you input. Can I just clarify that I have no issue with spoiler deployment during "live action", its when I am in action replay mode in external view that they do not deploy. I have also recently noticed that there are no beacons or wing lights in action replay mode either. :(Any further thoughts would be appreciated.Best regardsMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

I have noticed during replays the spoilers are where ever your controls are as you watch and not where they were during that part of the flight. I did a little testing with that and they moved with my spoiler lever as if it was live action. Everything else seems to be where it was during that part of the flight. That one is something I think PMDG will have to address because all my other planes behave as you would expect.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I have noticed during replays the spoilers are where ever your controls are as you watch and not where they were during that part of the flight. I did a little testing with that and they moved with my spoiler lever as if it was live action. Everything else seems to be where it was during that part of the flight. That one is something I think PMDG will have to address because all my other planes behave as you would expect.
I use the FSX version, and in replay mode the spoiler, reverser and wingflex animations do not work. This is a little annoying because I like to watch the landing replay a number of times after a landing. Could PMDG please fix this replay issue?btw, I don't think any of the gauges work in replay mode either! (not 100% sure here since Im usually watching the external view in replay mode).

Matthew S

I agree Ralph, that is exactly what I am experiencing. The spoilers are reacting as if in live action and not replay. Do you also have the same problem as me regarding beacons and lights not showing in replay?Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Hi Gents,Having read this post may I offer a thought on this subject.When this aircraft is loaded up this action takes place outside of FS. I think that this may provide your answer.The other PMDG products load within FS!The replay running from within FS requires you to reset the plane because of the initial loading perameters.I hope that this helps.Norman Bowman

Hi Norman Thank you for your thoughts. So are you suggesting that at the begining of the replay I should pull the spoiler lever back into auto deploy position before viewing the landing from outside. I will give it a try and come back.Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Guest Totalbeginner
Based on what I have seen it seems there is a correlation between engines not being at idle, even if the throttle levers are at idle, and the spoilers not deploying. Below are two screen shots. The top one is where I retarded throttles at 100ft and the spoilers worked and the bottom one is where I retarded them at 30ft and they didn't work.
I discovered the same problem a while ago. The key, is in the fact that during an auto-land the spoilers deploy every time without fail, but it's totally hit and miss during a manual landing.The reason...With slats extended, there is a psuedo "flight idle" on the throttles. This is PMDG's way of mimicking a higher idle thrust setting, but of course it prevents you from truly retarding the thrust levers to the idle stop. This limit is removed once the main gear touch-down, but unless you command idle AFTER touch-down, or are able to transmit a continuous idle command from your controller, the throttles will remain at this "flight idle" position, and hence the spoilers won't deploy.Regads,Martin Neep

The forthcoming update will include a decrease to ground idle before touchdown to prevent non-deployment of spoilers.

Dan Downs KCRP

The forthcoming update will include a decrease to ground idle before touchdown to prevent non-deployment of spoilers.
I have installed the latest patch for FS9 version and I still do observe the same problem. In Autoland or landing with Autothrottle, the spoilers deploy correctly. Landing manually and retarding at 30 ft the deployment is supressed and the copilots tells me that spoilers are not deployed.I'm using Saitek quadrant set to 3 throttles and calibrated in registered FSUIPC.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Guest Totalbeginner

Try this...Load a normal flight, with all three engines running and apply the park brake. Apply some power and then close the throttles on your controller. Wait for the N1 to stabilise and then press and hold F1.Do you see a drop in the N1 after pressing F1? If the answer is yes, then your throttle(s) aren't calibrated correctly.Regards,Martin

I am still seeing the same problem in both FS9 and FSX even after the update. It seems to be not as bad but it still happens. This is not a calibration problem because I have checked that.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg