Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

MD11 performance in FS9

Before I purchase the MD11 for FS9 I just wanted to ask about the performance I might expect.Bear in mind that I run PMDGs 744 and 737 in 2D model mode as I lose a few fps in VC mode. I get about 15fps on ground at busy airports but up to 30fps when airborne using AS, GEPro, UT, 80% traffic (reducing to 50% doesn't make much difference) and Scenery + Autogen at max.My PC spec is Gigabyte K8 Triton mobo with 2GB PC3200 DDR RAM and Athlon64 3000+ CPU, Geforce 7900GS AGP with 256MB RAM.I do intend to upgrade my system in the next year or so but am reasonably happy with what I get now.Now as the MD11 comes only in one mode, including the VC I just wondered whether I would get worse performance than this. I would welcome any opinions.ThanksIain Smith

Guest Cris B

I have found that I get better fps with the MD-11 than I get with the Queen in FS9.In short if you can run the 747 then you will have no problem running the MD-11! :(

I have found that I get better fps with the MD-11 than I get with the Queen in FS9.In short if you can run the 747 then you will have no problem running the MD-11! :(
Thanks for your response Christian. The point I was trying to make is that I run the Queen as a 2D model because they are separate and selectable but the MD11 is one complete model containing both the VC and 2D. That made me wonder whether there would be a performance hit. :( Iain Smith

The worst comes to the worst try going into the flight sim display options and use low quality VC gauges , as u wont be using the VC it wont matter and could get better frames ,.... i have the PMDG 737 and theres an option to select Gauge FPS it could be in the MD11 as well , ... may be some one who has the MD11 can confirm this . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Performance tuning for the panels is included.You will get better performance from the MD11 than the 747, regardless of the VC issue.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks all! Have d/loaded and will soon have it installed. :( Iain Smith

Thanks all! Have d/loaded and will soon have it installed. :( Iain Smith
Hi Mate Cool can you post back with how you find it please ? .. im thinking of getting it and posted a similar question a few days ago . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Mate Cool can you post back with how you find it please ? .. im thinking of getting it and posted a similar question a few days ago . Rich
Hi Rich,Had a quick flight and realised I have a lot of stuff to learn! As far as frame rates are concerned no problem. At least 50% better than the 747 on my rig. I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying it if you like the 747. This must be PMDGs finest! :( Iain Smith

Performance tuning for the panels is included.You will get better performance from the MD11 than the 747, regardless of the VC issue.
hello For me fs9 MD 11 I have less frames than with the 747 ? do yu know why ? when I am in IVAO for example with little traffic in gorund around 6 aircrafts with the external view I falled down to 9 fps ? ????? where I can improve that Thanks for advises regards Patrick

Just want to clarify here that there is no "VC issue" - the VC is automatically not drawn when you're in the 2D cockpit, so having a version without a VC would be redundant, there would be absolutely no change in performance.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hello For me fs9 MD 11 I have less frames than with the 747 ? do yu know why ? when I am in IVAO for example with little traffic in gorund around 6 aircrafts with the external view I falled down to 9 fps ? ????? where I can improve that Thanks for advises regards Patrick
Patrick,Here's one possibility - are you running anti-virus software and if so, is there an exclusion set for the FS folder and its subfolders? There needs to be if there isn't - some of our programming gets incorrectly interpreted as "suspicious" by some of these scanners because of how we hook into the FS system, and it can sit there "analyzing" the processor activity and slow the sim way down - several of us saw it during testing and setting the AV exclusion fixed it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 747lover

Me to is having serios frame rate problems,I have a 2,21 GHZ proscessor and 2GB ram.I run the PMDG 747,737 LevelD 767 and some other add onns very smoothly.My problems is the forward view on the 2D cockpit specially in the landing phase were it realy lacks in performance .Looking out of the windows I see excellent frame rates in the 2D cockpit,but forward is the problem.Otherwise the VC have excelent frame rates,but it is difficult to do a landing from because I don,t know excactly were the nose point.Could this be solved with a simple fix or do I have to upgrade my computer.If so PMDG should reconsider their minimum system requirement.It was said to be more frame rate friendly in fs2004 than their 747 which runs absolut fantastic on my system,so I must admit I am a little dissapointed.I tried to un install and then install a second time,but that did not solve my problem :(

Nameless-Please sign your posts in accordance with our forum policies, thank you.From reading your post I cannot tell precisely what problem you are having. If you spend a bit of time in the INTRODUCTION document, you will find that we have given you instructions on how to pan the out-of-window view up/down to suit your needs during takeoff and landing- that might help you with one problem.I THINK you mention you are having an FPS problem as well. I would read Ryan's post up above here- and see if that applies to you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Patrick,Here's one possibility - are you running anti-virus software and if so, is there an exclusion set for the FS folder and its subfolders? There needs to be if there isn't - some of our programming gets incorrectly interpreted as "suspicious" by some of these scanners because of how we hook into the FS system, and it can sit there "analyzing" the processor activity and slow the sim way down - several of us saw it during testing and setting the AV exclusion fixed it.
Hello I have an anti virus package which comes with my internet provider . So I should made an exclusion only for fs9 ? not dangerous while I fly all time in IVAO and VATSIM ? I have the windows XP SP3 firewall and anti virus out because my anti virus package take care about that automatically . Where and how I can exclude the fs9 folder as I think I have understand your explanation . As being french and my english no so super technical enough ? kind of little difficult for me ? I try to see where I can go to exclude these folders for fs9 if you have an idea ? The MD 11 is different in relation to the 747 for that ? as I use the 747 with the same virus package many thanks for help if yu need that I send you maybhe shots from my anti virus or something like that ? regardspatrick

Guest 747lover

Sorry Mr Randazzo.My name is Ola Nielsen coming from Norway.I tried to re install and play with anti virus out,but that did not solve the problem.Strange thing is I don,t have frame rates problems looking out the side windows in 2D cockpit but only when looking straight forward and then specially during descent and landing.Best regards Ola Nielsen