Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

MD11 performance in FS9

Hi Rich,Had a quick flight and realised I have a lot of stuff to learn! As far as frame rates are concerned no problem. At least 50% better than the 747 on my rig. I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying it if you like the 747. This must be PMDGs finest! :( Iain Smith
Welllllll i brought it at last and what a great Aircraft , im really pleased with it and as you say theres a lot to learn , it took me ages to work out how to to an automated flight (note to self ... it helps to read the manual) but i have got there in the end. Thanks PMDG .. very happy MD11 pilot ( sim pilot not real world ) Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest 747lover

I have investigated more into my frame rate problems in 2D view.The strange thing is that the frame rates is good so long I fly with max power but as soon as I throttle back it seems to freeze up.Looking out the side windows and the frame rates are superb but looking forward and thing freezes up.Otherwise frame rates are excellent,and according to PMDG 2,2 GHZ prossecor and 2GB ram should be more than enough.Installing with anti virus out didn,t help much either as mentioned earlier.Have anyone else witnessed this strange problem?Best regard Ola Nielsen

I have investigated more into my frame rate problems in 2D view.The strange thing is that the frame rates is good so long I fly with max power but as soon as I throttle back it seems to freeze up.Looking out the side windows and the frame rates are superb but looking forward and thing freezes up.Otherwise frame rates are excellent,and according to PMDG 2,2 GHZ prossecor and 2GB ram should be more than enough.Installing with anti virus out didn,t help much either as mentioned earlier.Have anyone else witnessed this strange problem?Best regard Ola Nielsen
Hmmmm saying that .. i do remember that i was on app and landed and the frames were low , this was from a short flight from EGSS to EGKK , but looking out of the side window it was fine as you say , i then quite FS and loaded up at the same spot and started taxing ( same conditions and AI ) and it was all normal no problems.. might be a memory leak or some thing running in the back ground on my PC .. dos not not happen every time thou, i have since excluded the FS9 folder from AV scans then did a flight EGKK to EGKK via DET- LARCK- TIMBA using the demo version of UK2000 EGKK extreme and the frame rate loss was normal , the above happened to me just twice but for the most part every things fine and smooth . Rich

ugcx_banner.png