Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Just ordered TrackIR 4

I also use TrackIR for about 2 years now I think. I started out using it when driving in GTR, GTR2 and other racing sims. I never download aircraft anymore unless they have VC. Best hardware I ever bought. Recommend it to one and all. I never found it ever held my system back at all.

I received my TrackIR today and I've downloaded the optimized profile, but I feel really dizziness when I'm flying... I can't even taxi straight because the image isn't as stable as before. It makes the things worse... I lost attitude awareness and sometimes got vertigo... But I don't want to give up yet, It cost me over 100 Euros...

I received my TrackIR today and I've downloaded the optimized profile, but I feel really dizziness when I'm flying... I can't even taxi straight because the image isn't as stable as before. It makes the things worse... I lost attitude awareness and sometimes got vertigo... But I don't want to give up yet, It cost me over 100 Euros...
Make friends with that "pause" key! I have programmed it to one of the buttons on my mouse. When I am taxiing I first pause it, then "reset" the view. I leave it paused, which allows me to look around at charts and stuff without the view going crazy. I find it impossible to taxi with the view moving about constantly. When I wanna look out the window I click the pause button, look around, then pause and reset view with 2 button presses. I usually keep the view locked with pause during flight. Then I can look around at charts, etc. without the view going nuts. But, when flying the pattern, I unlock it and that turn to final is where it is worth every penny. AWESOME. Once you get the hang of USING it instead of HAVING it you will love it. Game Changer!Enjoy!EddieKABQ

Eddie
KABQ

Check out this websitehttp://www.free-track.net/english/
I highly recommend using the downloaded 'Flight' profile mentioned above. Also, in the TrackIR config, edit the profile and don't touch the axis sliders, but knock the sensitivity slider down a notch or two and see if that helps. Also, set TrackIR to capture buttons and then set your mouse-wheel button (push) to toggle the slower 'precision' option. Precision is invaluable for getting a-hold of those click-spots in the VC and and since you already have your hand on the mouse, the wheel-button makes a fast & furious configuration.Make sure what ever you do, for each button you map/trap in TrackIR for pause, precision, etc.. make sure you un-map (don't use) those same buttons in the FS device config, FSUIPC assignments, or other addon key-mapping menus.Good day...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Greystone

I am definitely a TrackIR fan. Have been for a couple of years and I would not fly without it. One of the real enhancers out there.