I currently use an 8800GTS 640 and get increased performance in DX10. My main problem is flickering runways and it drives me nuts.This seems to be common with the 8800 series of Nvidia cards in DX10. Is there anyone using a GTX 260 out there that can tell me if the messed up runways still exist with the newer 260 cards and drivers?I'm upgrading my card anyway. I'd much rather go Nvidia because they have much better drivers, but the HD4870 is cheaper and supposedly doesn't have the DX10 problems since it's an ATI card.Opinions would be great.

Guest firehawk44
I currently use an 8800GTS 640 and get increased performance in DX10. My main problem is flickering runways and it drives me nuts.This seems to be common with the 8800 series of Nvidia cards in DX10. Is there anyone using a GTX 260 out there that can tell me if the messed up runways still exist with the newer 260 cards and drivers?I'm upgrading my card anyway. I'd much rather go Nvidia because they have much better drivers, but the HD4870 is cheaper and supposedly doesn't have the DX10 problems since it's an ATI card.Opinions would be great.
From what I have read, there are no drivers or hardware issued by ATI or Nvidia that fixes the DX10 graphic issues. That is what ATI and Nvidia card users have been reporting. So you'll have the problem(s) with the Nvidia AND ATI cards no matter how good they are. It's a graphics driver issue according to the Microsoft Aces Team. Hopefully DX10 will work better in FS11.Ciao,Jim

I have that card and, no, DX10 does not work well for me. Dosen't make any difference what drivers I use.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I get the flashing textures as well with my GTX 280 SSC, however, performance is much better in DX10 than DX9 for me (a lot smoother). Go figure.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

HiI have dual boot PC, I have FSX running on XP and vista 64.My GPU is XFX 260GTX, on vista it is DX10 and I don't see any benefit nor any issues in either about lights, except they seem big at least on planes coming into land (traffc X).krishan