Sign in to follow this  
boom_box

Wilco Airbus Vol. 1 Templates

Hi there.. I'm too new with repainting in FS... as a matter of fact.. I've already uploaded an repaint of Philippine Airlines A319, A320, A330 and A343 for Wilco Airbus Vol 1 and 2.. repainting this livery of PAL for Wilco Airbus was pretty straight forward because of its simple design... since then, I'm looking forward for my next repaint which is the Cebu Pacific's A319 and A320. And the new re-branded airline Zest Air (formerly Asian Spirit) with its newly arrived A320 from JetBlue..but then I was having hard time to repaint those livery because Wilco's Airbus template sliced three textures for the fuselage and a separate texture for tail section... so how do i repaint with it..? I'm using only Adobe Photoshop and DXT3BMP..Cebu PacificTLSD2218.jpgZest Air filefi6.jpg

Hi there.. I'm too new with repainting in FS... as a matter of fact.. I've already uploaded an repaint of Philippine Airlines A319, A320, A330 and A343 for Wilco Airbus Vol 1 and 2.. repainting this livery of PAL for Wilco Airbus was pretty straight forward because of its simple design... since then, I'm looking forward for my next repaint which is the Cebu Pacific's A319 and A320. And the new re-branded airline Zest Air (formerly Asian Spirit) with its newly arrived A320 from JetBlue..but then I was having hard time to repaint those livery because Wilco's Airbus template sliced three textures for the fuselage and a separate texture for tail section... so how do i repaint with it..? I'm using only Adobe Photoshop and DXT3BMP..Cebu Pacific...Zest Air ...
Usually if the textures are split across a number of bmps the developers will have created a "master" template which will be the entire fuselage. You would then paint the entire livery on this master and drag it over on to the individual sections. You might want to check to make sure this doesn't exist..If it doesn't then it'd probably be a good idea to make one! :(

Guest lgvpilot1

As usual Morgans advice is spot on !!One word of advice , if you have to make your own fuselage master texture Try a simple repaint on it first just to be sure you have everything lined up perfectly , especially if you are going to recreate those lovely paint jobsTrust me there is nothing worse than finding out your homemade master is out by a couple of pixels :( Good luckMark

thanks for the replies... It's just a pain in the &@($* to make complex livery for Wilco Airbus... they should have released an master texture indeed.. just the same with Flight1 ATR plus Text-o-matic which is simple as A to Z repainting the ATR...

thanks for the replies... It's just a pain in the &@($* to make complex livery for Wilco Airbus... they should have released an master texture indeed.. just the same with Flight1 ATR plus Text-o-matic which is simple as A to Z repainting the ATR...
Tell me about it! :(If the fuselage is split up the developer really should have made a master if they wanted it painted by the masses.. free publicity after all!I had a check on the Wilco website and I couldn't see anything jumping out about a master texture.. so I bodged one together for you for the A320 :( You can get it here, I used a free uploader.. usually pretty good.Basically its the 3 psds on one psd, correctly lined up. I can't however test it so I can't confirm whether the fuselage sections will line up properly on the actual model.. worth a go though! I'd deactivate the wire mesh from each of the 3 layer folders then add a new layer folder to use for your paint scheme.Complete your paint scheme and then drag the paint scheme layer folder over to the individual section pdfs, I'd reactivate the wire mesh and use it as a guide when aligning them... Voil

Tell me about it! :(If the fuselage is split up the developer really should have made a master if they wanted it painted by the masses.. free publicity after all!I had a check on the Wilco website and I couldn't see anything jumping out about a master texture.. so I bodged one together for you for the A320 :( You can get it here, I used a free uploader.. usually pretty good.Basically its the 3 psds on one psd, correctly lined up. I can't however test it so I can't confirm whether the fuselage sections will line up properly on the actual model.. worth a go though! I'd deactivate the wire mesh from each of the 3 layer folders then add a new layer folder to use for your paint scheme.Complete your paint scheme and then drag the paint scheme layer folder over to the individual section pdfs, I'd reactivate the wire mesh and use it as a guide when aligning them... Voil

Hi, is there any chance this "master" paint kit is still around? Would love to have a go at painting an airbus for a change. Thanks in advance.