Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdtcmtt

undocking windows

Guest rdtcmtt

hello folks im back at simming with several monitors and i need to ask a question if i can.my set up is a E8500 cpu, 9800gtx+. gigabyte MB, 4 gigs of ram.i have the analog thr2go and another monitor hooked up on the other output.on one of the pci slots i have a cheap vid card so that i can hook up another monitor.so total so far is five view three being with th2go, one with 9800 gtx+ and the last one on a old pci card.all is working well and i can move my cursor anywhere on any screen.so the question i have is undocking windows and them staying put upon return to the game.im using fs9 and level d 767.when im in windowed mode i then undock my windows and i then move them to screens that i want.seem s to work , but how do i get it to stay put .it will work some of the time .for instance when i drag a undocked fmc to another monitor (which by the way is on the cheap vid card ) and then go back to windowed mode it goes back to the main screen.if i remember there is also a limit to how many you can undock also .so can you save it upon return and how do you get it to stay on the first time you undock it.Tthanks .........Robert

hello folks im back at simming with several monitors and i need to ask a question if i can.my set up is a E8500 cpu, 9800gtx+. gigabyte MB, 4 gigs of ram.i have the analog thr2go and another monitor hooked up on the other output.on one of the pci slots i have a cheap vid card so that i can hook up another monitor.so total so far is five view three being with th2go, one with 9800 gtx+ and the last one on a old pci card.all is working well and i can move my cursor anywhere on any screen.so the question i have is undocking windows and them staying put upon return to the game.im using fs9 and level d 767.when im in windowed mode i then undock my windows and i then move them to screens that i want.seem s to work , but how do i get it to stay put .it will work some of the time .for instance when i drag a undocked fmc to another monitor (which by the way is on the cheap vid card ) and then go back to windowed mode it goes back to the main screen.if i remember there is also a limit to how many you can undock also .so can you save it upon return and how do you get it to stay on the first time you undock it.Tthanks .........Robert
What is your operating system?I use WinXP, FS9.1, windowed mode, 2 monitors, Level-D.Undock, like FMC , and move it to second monitor.Save the flight.Second mointor has FMC next time I load that flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On my triple mon setup, attempting to use Full Screen screws everything up- stay with 2D!!!If you want the clean appearance of Full Screen-Change Desktop background colour to black.Auto hide the Task & Menu Bars and change the Title Bar colour to black with dark green lettering.You have to look hard to see it is NOT Full ScreenWhen you've got the views/panel/popups to your liking, save the flight. When you select that flight next time there will be only some minor tweaks/repositioning necessary.Alex Reid. D'Fleet Bonanza @ Stewart BC