Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

AVG Antivirus finds problems with latest downloads

Guest Desert Flyer

Please see screenshot.These files were downloaded from the File Library here and I'm hoping it's just false positives. I have AVG update it's program and virus definitions on a daily basis so these are the latest that AVG is running with.All three files are aircraft files from the file library here.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185882.jpg

AVG is well known for the very high number of false positives.Switch to a quality product.

Guest Desert Flyer

Yeah well for my lifestyle this is the first time that AVG has said that it's found anything on my computer in all the years that I've been using AVG.With the vast amount of content that I've downloaded from the file library here AVG hasn't said boo about any of them until these three so if AVG were giving me false readings on many of the files here then I wouldn't even say anything about it but since AVG has been quiet with all the downloads that I've grabbed it leads me to have to wonder about these 3 files, more specifically since I believe that I downloaded them in one particular time period.

Guest Matt Johnson

A recent AVG update seems to have got a major problem with its detection of SHeur.AVTG, which is triggering on quite a few installers used in FS. "SHeur" indicates that the signature is heuristic, i.e. not absolute.For example, the 9Dragons Kai Tak scenery (which we know from the vast amount of downloads it had upon its release was virus free) has recently started to trigger this particular warning, see the discussion:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...0&mesg_id=39895We have submitted several of these files to VirusTotal, and their engine reports that AVG is the only scanner out of the over 30 it uses to trigger on these files.Also, the AVSIM servers do not run Windows, so there is not the possibility of a server-side infection vector.I hope this helps to put your mind at ease!