Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

fs9 md11 tutorial

hi all, sorry to be a nuiscance again.. i am trying to feel my way with the fs9md11 by using the tutorial. the first stumbling block is i cannot find gate D50 or gate 150. i have the aerosoft london addon airport installed and i have been up and down the runway/starting point like a yo yo but without success. this means i cannot use another gate as it will confuse the IRS in the tutorial sequence of instructions. i did find the gate212 for the fsx version but this will not do. anyone from pmdg got an answer. many thanks. richard welsh.

Richard, if you're using London Heathrow 2008 then Gate 150 can be found.If you scroll down from Active Runway till you see the first RAMP GA LARGE (easy to spot) it's about 6 down from there - Gate 150 Small.The cursor bar is about the height of it down from the top if any help.As long as you Initialise in Init menu you can use any gate you wish too.At the Europier if you download some Heathrow charts - (Google EGLL Charts)John E

Richard,you may use any gate you wish as long as you make sure that the coordinates are correct on the F-PLN INIT page before you align the IRS. I had to pick a specific gate for the tutorial so that the coordinates are consistent plus I can show people the way to the runway. There's no other reason for a specific gate.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Richard, if you're using London Heathrow 2008 then Gate 150 can be found.If you scroll down from Active Runway till you see the first RAMP GA LARGE (easy to spot) it's about 6 down from there - Gate 150 Small.The cursor bar is about the height of it down from the top if any help.As long as you Initialise in Init menu you can use any gate you wish too.At the Europier if you download some Heathrow charts - (Google EGLL Charts)John E
hello john, thanks for your reply, i did as you suggested and scrolled very slowly but still no sign of gate 150, the nearest being gate 152, however i unchecked heathrow in the scenery page and went to the default and gate 150 is there but no use using the default if the mega airport is available so i will take markus advice and use anyone. richard welsh

Richard,you may use any gate you wish as long as you make sure that the coordinates are correct on the F-PLN INIT page before you align the IRS. I had to pick a specific gate for the tutorial so that the coordinates are consistent plus I can show people the way to the runway. There's no other reason for a specific gate.Regards,Markus
thanks Markus for your reply and advice which i will implement, what would we do without guys like you (rather poetic). richard welsh.

As long as you have not disabled the "GNS equipped" option the coordinates will be correct. Out GNS system is very accurate :-)

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi again Richard, if you found Gate 152 then Gate 150 is 9 up from there marked Gate 150 Small.I was referring to the first RAMP GA LARGE (after Active Runway) as it does stand out and is 6 down from that. As Markus says though Gate is your choice really, just have to find a pushback setting that works for it or use the 'normal' one.John E