Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

Aircraft on Aircraftcarrier

Hello,I have the add-on freeware aircraft carrier USS Stennis off the coast of S.D.When I try to set a flight from it my aircraft starts at the bottom[in belly]of the ship,how do I get it on deck?Any help would be great!Thank You/Patrick/

Hello,I have the add-on freeware aircraft carrier USS Stenis off the coast of S.D.When I try to set a flight from it my aircraft starts at the bottom[in belly]of the ship,how do I get it on deck?Any help would be great!Thank You/Patrick/
I could be wrong, or I could be thinking about a different carrier addon package, but I think I remember that if you taxi or slew the aircraft to the lift, the lift will automatically move the plane to the flight deck. Give it a try, and feel free to publicly chastise me if that's incorrect! :(

I could be wrong, or I could be thinking about a different carrier addon package, but I think I remember that if you taxi or slew the aircraft to the lift, the lift will automatically move the plane to the flight deck. Give it a try, and feel free to publicly chastise me if that's incorrect! :(
Haha,O.K. I'll give it a try,Thanks very much./Patrick/

Haha,O.K. I'll give it a try,Thanks very much./Patrick/
I'm a curious, and annoying, type of guy... please let me know if that helped. :(

I'm a curious, and annoying, type of guy... please let me know if that helped. :(
Hello,I tried to taxi to the lift,but nothing happened,then I tried to slew the plane up to the flight deck by changing the altitude,but when I unpaused the sim the plane just flew off the side of the carrier,I'm going to try and bump up the carrier in my addon scenary and see what happens. Thank You for trying to help me out!/Patrick/

Guest dogknot
Hello,I tried to taxi to the lift,but nothing happened,then I tried to slew the plane up to the flight deck by changing the altitude,but when I unpaused the sim the plane just flew off the side of the carrier,I'm going to try and bump up the carrier in my addon scenary and see what happens. Thank You for trying to help me out!/Patrick/
There are a couple of different versions of the Stennis available. The one by Javier Fernandez, which was originally for fs2000, works, but has the anomoly you speak of when trying to start aboard ship.Paul Clawson did a Stennis model, then later reworked it. It is available at flightsim.com library as "cv_74.zip". I haven't had the sink through the deck problems with his rendition. He also gives the xml and model so you can place it in other locations if you'd like.

There are a couple of different versions of the Stennis available. The one by Javier Fernandez, which was originally for fs2000, works, but has the anomoly you speak of when trying to start aboard ship.Paul Clawson did a Stennis model, then later reworked it. It is available at flightsim.com library as "cv_74.zip". I haven't had the sink through the deck problems with his rendition. He also gives the xml and model so you can place it in other locations if you'd like.
Hello dogknot,Thank You for the great info,I have another version of "The USS Stennis" off the coast of Oregon and I'm able to trap and launch on that version at will.I'll look up CVN 74.zip.Thank You/Patrick/

Guest dogknot
Hello dogknot,Thank You for the great info,I have another version of "The USS Stennis" off the coast of Oregon and I'm able to trap and launch on that version at will.I'll look up CVN 74.zip.Thank You/Patrick/
You're very welcome. The Newport scenery is Opa's and uses the P.Clawson USS Stennis that I mentioned available at flightsim. The original places the USS Stennis off the coast from San Diego. The zip at flightsim's library is cv_74.zip, no "n" (as in cvn). Good luck and have fun.

Hello,just wanted to say I was pointed in the right direction over at the VRS F/A-18E support forums, http://www.vrsimulations.com/ ,It seems There is a file called flattened files that needs to be set at a higher priority than The USS Stennis itself in the Addon scenary file,thanks everyone for your help and input,I'm launching and trapping off the carrier with no trouble now. :( fs92009-01-0821-00-45-29.jpg

My GOD, that's a great lookin' F-18.
Thanks Deacon,If you haven't already,check out the link above,ihe model is very,very good. But that's not where this baby excels,The flight model,cockpit and weapon systems are the real meat and bones of this bird!!Check out this video
fs92008-12-2123-01-17-26.jpg

Oh yeah, I've seen it... I just loved seeing it again! LOL It's on my list, I'll have it in a month or two...

Hello,I have the add-on freeware aircraft carrier USS Stennis off the coast of S.D.When I try to set a flight from it my aircraft starts at the bottom[in belly]of the ship,how do I get it on deck?Any help would be great!Thank You/Patrick/
If you still need to "harden" the deck of a ship (or roof of a building), this file will show how it can be done using the AFCAD program:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=120508Hope this helps. :(