Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

LSAS/RCWS

I'm on my first flight, the aircaft seems very twitchy compared to the 744 I have LSAS set to Heavy in the options should it be the other way round?I'm in crz so don't want to test it :)Thanks

Rob Prest

Guest CL65 2B19

Having never flown the MD11 I cant comment from first hand experience but having spoken to several crews from Finnair and Alitalia that have flown the MD11they have all told me the same thing, its extremely tempermental and does odd things when low and slow.One F/O told me that his plane had to have a hard landing inspection when he was on IOE(ouch!) because he gave up the ghost. If a plane needs a stability augmentation system its for a good reason, its kinda like chewing bubble gum to cover up the garlic on someones breath. you will still smell the garlic! From my understanding of what they told me, the MD11 would be much more unstable if the LSAS etc.. where not available.So unforgiving is the MD11 that pilots refer to it as the Deathstar (a pun on Tristar maybe) Has anyone else noticed that flap extension changes the elevator effectivity, If im not just imagining that, THATS AMAZING! Alessandro Dallago

Heavy stands for HEAVY equipment (e.g. PFC yoke, Cougar thrustmaster etc). Makes the plane more responsive to small input.Has no effect if AP is on. Changes mapping for LSAS and RCWS control "laws". YOu can change it any time you want.Suggest you move the slider to centre or even less towards LIGHT. It all depends of course on your Control Sensitivities, as defined from FS, also.Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================