Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

MD11 (FS9 Version) - Lights & Flight Dynamics

Guest TSE

CaptainsAfter flying the FSX version for 2+ months, I took the FS9 version for the first spin last night.Great job PMDG, thanks very much for another world class add-on.2 questions that I would have after the first test ride:I find the MD11 flight dynamics in FS9 quiet different compared to FSX.I know the MD11 is overpowered and a very good climber, but with a ZFW of 178.8 tons and 20 tons of fuel, FLEX 50 and flaps 22, the bird accelerated to VR in 17 seconds and climb to FL340 took 9 minutes only with FMS managed profile.The bird feels much less as flying a heavy in FS9 than in FSX.Is it just me or are other dual FSX/FS9 MD11 users experiencing the same ?Second question would be if somebody managed to add some shockwave lights to the MD11. I fooled around with the MD11 beacon and strobe FX files in the FS9 effects folder to no effect or result whatsoever.ThanksJoerg

There is a shockwave light post here just a day old... quite long. Have a look.Nonething came up during beta about significantly different flight characteristics, maybe colder air?

Dan Downs KCRP

There is a shockwave light post here just a day old... quite long. Have a look.Nonething came up during beta about significantly different flight characteristics, maybe colder air?
I do not recommend messing around with the LIGHTS section of panel.cfg. There are NO lights in that section that are actually on the airplane. Those entries are used for other things.VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest TSE

I saw the Shockwave post updated yesterday - my question is more towards if the original PMDG MD11 lights fx files in the FS9 effects folder could be replaced by shockwave fx files to show up on the airplane including the wings.Replacing the original PMDG fx files with a renamed version of the shockwave filed did not show any effect, neither good nor bad, but I assume those PMDG lights fx files (beacon, strobes etc.) serve a purpose.Re flight dynamics - no, it was 16 C at sea level (KLAX), but it seems I'm the only one seeing this so must be something on my end then. I will do some more flying in FS9 with heavy fuel load and see how it performs.ThanksJoerg

Nothing changed in the flight dynamics department Joerg. It still re-produces the same book as the FSX did.Possible reason, as Dan suggested, is the environment (not just ISA).Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================