Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

MyTraffic lets planes pile up on the runway!!???

Guest xoio

I am starting to notice this nearly all the time at larger airports. Smaller ones seem to be ok so far. (where the AI traffic is sparce)For Example:I was sitting at a gate at Hong Kong international.... I simply loaded the sim & a flight plan, I definately didn't speed up the sim to potentially mess up the arrival /depart times of the AI craft.However I watched the AI steadily come into land, nicely spaced etc... & yet once landed, the aircraft just SAT on the runway instead of exiting & talking to ground to go to a gate etc. (There were plenty vacant.)This happenned over & over... eventually a queue of planes were just acting like lemmings filling up the landing runway. (I let about 7 or 8 pile up, before i got irritated by it & aborted the sim.)Is this definately a BUG!!!? the Control tower wasn't even warning the other aircraft that aircraft WERE on the runway, thus to go around. It just let them land!!!?I've noticed this at Heathrow as well. So i imagine that it is maybe happenning at a lot of airports?This is super-crap, especially when YOU'RE given clearance to land, only to see one or more planes just sitting on the runway!!!Anyone know what's causing this? Anyone else experiencing this?Is the DEVELOPER aware!!!????? IS HE GOING TO FIX IT!!!?Prior to installing MyTraffic, I simply had the default AI going about its business. so it was a clean install.I'm running the latest version of My Traffic with the latest patch.I also run the sim at 50% AI, as a compromise for busyness v CPU load.(Even at 50% the air & ground is nicely populated.)Hope there's a fixAlP.S. When will more Airbus's be included? A300, A330 & A340's ??? & maybe some Russian types? ... Would love to see AI Antonov AN-124's flying out & into Frankfurt. ;-)

Ar you using a modified AFCAD for these airports ? Just because there appears to be ehough gates physically in the sim, does not mean that the sim will use them. At any rate, the only fault MyTraffic would have would be that it added the traffic, not that the traffic has no place to go.

Also, I just remembered, if you ARE using modified Afcad files, you have to be sure your airport designators are properly positioned so that once an aircraft lands, it can contact the appropriate ground frequency. This only applies to airports with overlays.

Guest xoio

Hi,NO not at all... as i hinted in the first message, ALL airports & AI were as they are 'out the box' I have not tampered with ANY of the AI or airports prior to installing MyTraffic. Any errors seem to be MyTraffics doing, as this is all that has been installed since installing FS2002.Any more thoughts.... I think this is one for the guys at MyTraffic to look into.Al

I think you misunderstood me. You NEED to use modified AFCAD files if you intend to run realistic levels of AI. Sometimes one or two(7 for me at EGLL) overlays of AFCAD files for one airport. This will allow you to add the appropriate number of gates for the aircraft to park. By default, I think the most gates I've seen in a default airport, was about 20, inculding GA...(This is for the AFCAD file not the airport appearance).Then there is RAFCAD....I warn you, if you start getting into this stuff, be prepared to be totally addicted to it. I reccomend you take a peek through the forums over at ProjectAI, lots of useful information. www.projectai.com

If you sit and watch the ai planes at airports with lots of traffic this will happen most of the time , i dont think much can be done about it, the ai is very limited in many ways, you can finetune the afcad files as much as you like but i dont think you will get rid of the problem.

Guest xoio

Hi BrianThanks for the feedback, but i disagree that i need to do the editing myself.The whole purpose of MyTraffic as PAYWARE, is to remove the burden of a user having to manually install aircraft & airport changes. You are paying to have it all done for you! If i then find myself having to manually make adjustments to make things work, that the software developer is CHARGING me for, this defeats the whole purpose of BUYING a product like MyTraffic.? An example of this is when you select HEATHROW in the UK. After installing MyTraffic, & you go to select the airport, it actually has been renamed to 'Heathrow MyTraffic' thus indicating that they actually did do the AFCAD changes for the user. (Indeed you do see far more aircraft at the gates & in the correct liveries.)However, this is one of the airports that are guilty of the problem mentioned in the first post. (Planes clogging up the landing runway & not taxiing). Therefore why should i manually 'fix' something that i 'payed' for to be done for me.I think i'll pop my problem to the guys at MyTraffic as well & see what they can do.TaAl :-)

Probably should have done that in the first place since it is "PAYWARE' as you put it. FS ATC is very limited and will not represent realistic traffic levels and accuracy (least not in this version). I have seen this behavior several times at several airports, I have 63K+ flightplans so I have a little experience with it. I spent a considerable amount of time setting up all runways with 6 overlays and radiused gates for DFW only to discover the ATC CANNOT handle the flow. Seeing as many people have MY TRAFFIC, it can't be a general problem, or it would have been addressed already, probably a glitch in the installation or some conflict in your system, best to contact the guys at MY TRAFFIC (in a polite way) and see if they have an answer or can help find one.Always PAI :-lolRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest xoio

Chaps,Thanks for all the feedback.I'll certainly as for MT's feedback on the problem.RegardsAl

I agree with you that MyTraffic should have included the changes, no arguments there, but they didn't. I also don't want to argue with you about what you should or should not have to do, you spent the money on the product, all I am doing is offering the solution for you to get what you want. The Ulitimate Traffic release forthcoming from Flight1 will include AFCAD files for 3000 airports, FYI.

In addition, it is possible to set up ANY airport in FS to run smoothly, the only thing that can't be fixed in this version of FS is sequencing. It does take time and patience, and to be honest, Heathrow is not that difficult to configure.

I sure hope you find the answer to your problem. A friendly suggestion is to post your message at the My Traffic forum, http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4. Now, if you have already done this, never mind this suggestion. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library