Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Engines will not start... please help!

Hi,EDIT It appears that the reason for the engines not starting was that it was too cold in MSP, at -14C TAT... anyone know how to remedy this situation?!So I have a curious little problem with my PSS/POSKY 757's. I was flying last night, I started with a flight from ATL-MSP and completed it no problem. Decided to do the return flight to ATL, so I put sim speed at 4x to pass the hour layover. When it was time to start the engines, they WOULD NOT START. N3 would spool up to 23.8 or so but the engine would not start, with the PSS 757 the engines engage at 24 N3 (at least with the RR aircraft). So I gave up and went to bed. Then this morning, I had the same problem.The problem persists in ALL of my 757's. I have merged my POSKY 757's by putting the PSS .air file and aircraft cfg into them, but since doing that nearly a year ago I have not had this problem, EVER. Just to note, I tried using the straight PSS 757's and had the exact same problem. Uninstalled the PSS 757's and reinstalled them just now and the engines still won't start.Please help if you can! Thanks.MattP.S. - for those who might have an idea, when I put the .air file from the PSS 757's into the POSKY ones and then open the CDU in the game, the engine type that always comes up is the RB211, even for the PW 757's, any idea why this is?

P.S. - for those who might have an idea, when I put the .air file from the PSS 757's into the POSKY ones and then open the CDU in the game, the engine type that always comes up is the RB211, even for the PW 757's, any idea why this is?
I'd say copy the RR FDE from the PSS 757 into the POSKY RR 757s and the PW FDE from the PSS 757 into the POSKY PW 757s, in addition to whatever other files you needed to copy over to get it to work.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi,EDIT It appears that the reason for the engines not starting was that it was too cold in MSP, at -14C TAT... anyone know how to remedy this situation?!So I have a curious little problem with my PSS/POSKY 757's. I was flying last night, I started with a flight from ATL-MSP and completed it no problem. Decided to do the return flight to ATL, so I put sim speed at 4x to pass the hour layover. When it was time to start the engines, they WOULD NOT START. N3 would spool up to 23.8 or so but the engine would not start, with the PSS 757 the engines engage at 24 N3 (at least with the RR aircraft). So I gave up and went to bed. Then this morning, I had the same problem.The problem persists in ALL of my 757's. I have merged my POSKY 757's by putting the PSS .air file and aircraft cfg into them, but since doing that nearly a year ago I have not had this problem, EVER. Just to note, I tried using the straight PSS 757's and had the exact same problem. Uninstalled the PSS 757's and reinstalled them just now and the engines still won't start.Please help if you can! Thanks.MattP.S. - for those who might have an idea, when I put the .air file from the PSS 757's into the POSKY ones and then open the CDU in the game, the engine type that always comes up is the RB211, even for the PW 757's, any idea why this is?
AirKevin's response will take care of the engine type problem. The cold start thing is a known bug in the PSS Boeings; use CTL-E to crank them up under those circumstances. I don't know why it makes a difference, but it works...DJ

I'd say copy the RR FDE from the PSS 757 into the POSKY RR 757s and the PW FDE from the PSS 757 into the POSKY PW 757s, in addition to whatever other files you needed to copy over to get it to work.
hey, thanks for the reply... i did that and the PW 757's still come up with the RB211 engine ident... that's why i am so confused, i am using the PSS PW air files but they still come up as RR... also, when i use the PW air files from PSS the 757's go haywire when simulation speed is put at x2 or x4, but i don't have that problem with the RR, any ideas?

hey, thanks for the reply... i did that and the PW 757's still come up with the RB211 engine ident... that's why i am so confused, i am using the PSS PW air files but they still come up as RR... also, when i use the PW air files from PSS the 757's go haywire when simulation speed is put at x2 or x4, but i don't have that problem with the RR, any ideas?
Not sure, but it may be that unlike the PSS Airbus panels, the 757 may not be looking to the .airfile name to display correct engines, and for sure the wxr won't work at all. If I were you I'd merge by replacing PSS models in PSS folder locations with Posky models and edit PSS aircraft cfgs accordingly.

Regards,

Mark

Not sure, but it may be that unlike the PSS Airbus panels, the 757 may not be looking to the .airfile name to display correct engines, and for sure the wxr won't work at all. If I were you I'd merge by replacing PSS models in PSS folder locations with Posky models and edit PSS aircraft cfgs accordingly.
what would that entail? what would need to be edited in the air files and what program would you use to do it?thanks!

what would that entail? what would need to be edited in the air files and what program would you use to do it?thanks!
It's pretty easy really (the POS 777 is a little trickier - read the readme!). Move a copy of the desired airfile (the PSS 757 has one for the PW and one for the RR) to the directory of the plane you're trying to merge. Re-name the existing aircraft.cfg to aircraft.ori, and copy the PSS aircraft.cfg for the engine type you're interested in to the directory of the plane you're trying to merge. Copy the lights and contact points of the merged plane into the PSS file and replace those sections with the new data and you're on your way. If the static height is vastly different between the two you may have to change that too.There is no need to modify the .air file in any way.DJ