Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

How to stay logged in

How do you manage to stay logged in without having to go to the login each time?? For me it varies. Sometimes I can go back days later and still be logged in okay and then there are days like today when I log in and then go back 3 hours later and have to log in again. I have read the FAQ about this issue but it still wont work.I have it as a trusted site, have cookies turned on and have the remember me ticked, only use the Vista fallwall. I log in from the line at the top and yet unlike the previous software the results vary. The previous software left me logged in for months without problems.

I have the same or similar issue - used to be able to return the following day and not have to log in - now I have to log in EVERY time. Using Firefox 3.0.5.Thanks

I have the same or similar issue - used to be able to return the following day and not have to log in - now I have to log in EVERY time. Using Firefox 3.0.5.Thanks
I have the same issue as well.

I have the same issue as well.
Ditto. Something is amiss with forums1.avsim.net.I have tried all the suggestions re cookie handling, and for some reason, when I come back after half hour or so, I have to relog in, every time. Don't see anything left to address, including XP's firewall settings. Important to note: ALL other websites I have no trouble retaining a log in. And prior to the change in this forum, I had no trouble with this too.Is it perhaps an issue with forums1.net? I know my avsim library login cookie works fine! I am using IE 6.029.I have even used the Override Automatic Cookie handling, allowing all 1st and 3rd party, plus allow ALL session cookies, all to no avail.Again, other website forums etc requiring login work fine, inc avsim.library.net.Any other ideas? Something's weird about avsim forum cookie issue IMHO! I think it's time for admin to review if there might not be an issue on their end. I think the number of people with this issue should speak to that. Is it possible there is a TIMED OUT setting on your end that overrides the cookie control. I would agree with teh poster above, it isn't always consistent as to how long one can leave for and come back unlogged in again. Thanks,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest kwilson

I've always had this problem with avsim (even on the old system) but today I came to the forums and I was logged in!! I can't see how this is a cookie problem or a problem at the users end otherwise I wouldn't have been logged in this morning. For the record I am using ADSL which provides a new IP address everytime I connect to the internet (I believe, I'm no expert on IP addresses).

I've always had this problem with avsim (even on the old system) but today I came to the forums and I was logged in!! I can't see how this is a cookie problem or a problem at the users end otherwise I wouldn't have been logged in this morning. For the record I am using ADSL which provides a new IP address everytime I connect to the internet (I believe, I'm no expert on IP addresses).
We fixed the problem. We were unaware of a specific security setting that had an effect on staying logged on. For most people the setting little difference to whether they could stay logged in or not. For others, staying logged on was almost impossible. We changed that setting today, and you should not now have issues staying logged on.

Guest kwilson
We fixed the problem. We were unaware of a specific security setting that had an effect on staying logged on. For most people the setting little difference to whether they could stay logged in or not. For others, staying logged on was almost impossible. We changed that setting today, and you should not now have issues staying logged on.
Thanks very much Tom. Logged on for the second time and it worked again so whatever you did has fixed the problem (at least for me). I was starting to feel unloved there (Avsim forums: "I'm sorry but I keep forgetting your name").

Good work Tom.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

As I posted in my post with those settings, the cookie determines your geographical location, if that one does not match ( usually due to DynIP) the cookie will not recognise you, annoying but easily fixable ;)