Sign in to follow this  
Guest jhambly

ASX Weather and FS Weather Different

Guest jhambly

I am having difficulty getting the weather downloaded in ASX and displayed in the "REPORT" screen to actually appear in FSX. What I want is for weather to reflect the actual weather at tha location at that date and time, and update as I fly -- much like the old ASV6 offline sequence method which I used successfully with FS9 for a long time. I have set up ASX as follows:1. Automatic Weather Downloads ON2. Force to Sim Time ON3. Download Interval 20 mins4. Dynamic Rate of change 50%5. Wind Shift Stabilization ONEverything seems connected--the active date/time in ASX is consistent with the active date/time in FSX. However, the weather is significantly different between ASX and FSX and not changing. I have been parked on Ramp at YSSY for nearly an hour, just observing. ASX Reports Wind (Locked to closest -- YSSY) 080 @ 12kts . . . recent change to 040 @ 12 kts, CAVOK. In FSX, I am getting Wind 130 @ 17kts, with steady rain -- no change over the past hour. Refreshing downloads new weather to ASX, but no change in FSX.I notice that when ASX first starts, it downloads current realtime weather, regardless of what is set. This seems to transfer to FSX, then it downloads the FSX time weather, but the change doesn't come across to FSX. I am using FSUIPC4.4 (unregistered) and have clicked "Weather Setting Off" to ensure this is not interferring. I generally start FSX independent of ASX, rather than use the Load FSX button, as I have found that loading FSX using the Load FSX button seems to make Add-Ons that use FSUIPC (FSRealTime, Radar Contact, ??Natural Point Tracking) unable to connect, whereas, if I stat FSX, then the addons, then ASX, everything seems to connect--except for the above issue. BTW, in my current test, I only have FSX and ASX running -- no other add-ons, so it cannot be due to any other addons.Hope you can helpJohn

Guest coops

jhambly, Sounds like you have the exact same problem I have. I also have FSUIPC4.4 (unregistered) and I am betting this is interfering with it. While at the airport, go to weather and it should be at "User-Defined Weather". Click customize and "All Weather stations" should be checked. Look at the weather conditions on the left (you can press "Advanced Weather" at the bottom and see it more detailed. I bet the weather for "All Weather Stations" is exactly as it should be for that airport in ASX (real weather)? Now go back and check the radio button that says "A Specific Weather Station". You should see your airport typed in and if you look at the weather conditions for this specific station you will see exactly what you see in FSX (completely different then ASX). It seems that somehow ASX is updating the GLOBAL setting but not the Specific Weather stations setting and unfortuantly FSX is depicting what is at the specific station. OR ASX is updating the station but something is changing it back to whatever it feels like. My problem is I can not figure out what is interfering. I am thinking it might be FSUIPC4.4 (unregistered). I shut the weather setting off there as well but it doesn't seem to make a difference. No one can seem to figure this out as they are so busy with ASA. I am still trying to get ASX to work right and I have the same problem as you.

Guest jhambly

Yes, I agree, something is not quite right. I will check out what you said -- it would be good to get some sort of answer from HiFi on this. I for one would not be in a hurry to pay out for an upgrade to ASA when having paid for ASX, cannot get it to work properly. I am currently back flying FS9 / ASV6 just so I can get some hassle-free flying in. The instructions on the HELP page are somewhat vague, also, so I am not really sure that I even have it set properly to do what I want it to do.

Guest jhambly

OK, have checked out more detail behind FSX weather as suggested by previous post. Here are the details.YSSY on 30/12/2008 0523Z (Metar is for 30th 0500Z)Wx as per Shift-Z while in Sim = Wind 109 @ 15ktsWx "Current Conditions" under FSX Customise Wx = Wind 109 @ 15kts QNH 1012Go into Advanced Settings, and the followingGlobal Wx = Wind 070 @ 16kts QNH 0998Station Specific (YSSY) = Wind 149 @ 20kts QNH 1017Wx as per Metar and as per ASX REPORT (locked to closest YSSY) = Wind 070 @ 16 QNH 0998Go figure! It appears ASX has set global Wx to YSSY Metar, but actual Wx in Sim bears no resemblance to either ASX Report/Metar, global Wx in FSX, or Station specific Wx in FSX.Any answers from the developers would be appreciated.PS Mag VAr @ YSSY is 13 east, so the difference in wind dir. cannot be accounted by difference in reported true wind dir and magnetic wind dir...

Guest coops

Actually your global weather is exactly as is depicted in ASX but NOT in FSX. FSX should show the specific station weather you are at. This is wierd:Wx "Current Conditions" under FSX Customise Wx = Wind 109 @ 15kts QNH 1012Your FSX weather is different then global AND Specific? Go to your firewall and make sure ASX and FSX have access to the network. I believe this is important due to the way Simconnect accesses the network in order to function correctly. Then what I'm thinking is cmletely removing FSUIPC4.4 and see if we get the same problem. The other thing I recommend is to turn the following off in ASX settings:Wind SmootheningRoute enhancement(sorry I'm not in front of my home computer and so I don't know the exact wording).Finally do not create a flight plan in ASX. Just start it and run FSX. I am using FSBuild and somehow ASX wasn't reading the plan right because when I stopped doing this my weather improved between stations.There is something in common on both of our systems that are causing problems. FSUIPC4.4 is relatively new and I have no choice at this point to suggest that this may be part of the problem. I have tried everything else i can think of.

Hi All,If you guys have tested this and are pretty sure it is FSUIPC, we need you to document your findings and present Pete your information. He will want version numbers, logs and as much proof as you can provide to him.Thanks!

Guest jhambly

I am not convinced FSUIPC is the problem. I removed it fom the modules folder. Restarted FSX and ASX, still the problems persists. Various changes to settings seem to make no improvement. The only thing that seems to get the weather in FSX agreeing with ASX is when in Wx Config I click on APPLY WEATHER, but this then disables autoupdates and I think it is just station specific. I also tries again starting ASX first thenn clicking Launch FX -- this seems to give closest results, even with FSUIPC installed again. However, if I start FSX this way, my other addons will not connect to FSX -- FSReal Time, TrackIR and RAdar Contact (Which gives some kind of IP timed out error message). If I start FSX first, then ASX, I can thenn start the above addons, but we are back to having unrealistic weather depiction. Besides, I need FSUIPC for some of my other aircraft, so I really cannot do without it.I cannot help but think there is a connection between the other addons not connecting when I Launch FSX from within ASX, and the abberations of weather produced by ASX when I start FSX normally. Again--this problem exists even when the other addons are not running, and when FSUIPC is not installed.

Guest jhambly

Here is copy of my FSUIPC4.ini file -- I'm not real sure what I'm looking at here, to know if anything is amiss or could be affecting ASX. It is unregistered version, so no weather options can be enabled as far as I can tellIf anyone can see something here that may be causing a problem, please let me know[General]History=UGCAJW4OYCINT2G5R5XI8TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40AxisCalibration=NoDirectAxesToCalibs=NoShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=NoSuppressMultilineFS=NoAxisIntercepts=NoWeatherReadFactor=2WeatherRewriteSeconds=1CustomWeatherModify=NoSimConnectStallTime=1Console=No[WideServer]WideFSenabled=Yes[GPSout]Port=<none set>Speed=4800Interval=1000PosTo6Decimal=YesSentences=

Guest coops

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about that log to tell you if this means anything. Perhaps the Hi Fi guys can. I wasn't sure if it was FSUIPC but obviously it is not. BTW..you should be starting ASX first and then FSX but I guess at this point anything is worth trying. You say when you start FSX first it gives better weather and alows third party to work? I use radar contact and start ASX before FSX with no problem. In order this is my experience after I reate a route with FSBuild:1) Start ASX (wait until all weather is uploaded and I no longer upload a flight plan)2) Check setting and turn off Wind Data Smooth and Route Enhancement (I keep Virtual Stations)3) Launch FSX and then go to gate. 4) At this point my weather seems to be fine with winds corresponding to ASX but not always. 5) Launch Radar Contact6) My flight seems ok with weather and winds but it is difficult to ensure it is ASX accurate at different points in my route and altitude. I try to look up the station on the ASX and it seems ok but sometimes it does not match. I still get these clear areas that should have had clouds but maybe I am being picky when comparing to satellite. Plus in order to get weather in between stations I had to turn off Wind Data Smoothening in ASX 7) My biggest problem comes with the destination airport. The airport weather seems to always have a mind of it's own in which it depicts whater is in the specific stations setting and not GLOBAL. Global is what ASX fills in and the specific station is random. I landed in Milan and ASX said low vis (2 mi) with pouring rain and low clouds. This was in GLOBAL. Specific station had no rain and high clouds with vis at 8 miles. This is what was depicted in ASX.like you I went to weather and played aound with the apply button and sometimes it worked and others it did not. I clicked on specific station and clicked differnt stations and hit APPLY. All of a sudden Milan had all the correct weather and sure enough it started pouring. I went back in and played with it some more only to find that the setting disappeared again in specific weather.I have another question. Are you using SP1 and SP2 without accel? I am wondering if one of these are the problem. Perhaps uninstalling SP2 and 1 then reinstalling will jolt Simconnect into place. Also wondering if Sp2 WITHOUT accel is a problem as this may have been tested on SP2 WITH accel. These 2 have caused different results as I have seen in many different threads. No standardization is causing many headaches with this version of Flight Sim.

Guest jhambly

I'm using SP2 without accel. To clarify, if I launch FSX using the ASX launch button, weather seems more consistent with report. However, if I do that, I cannot then "start" RC4 (get IPC error message), and cannot connect TrackIR or FSRealTime -- FSRealtime also showing IPC error as the problem. All these connect OK if I start FSX normally, without using the LAUNCH button in ASX.Can HiFi support people please clarify why there would be a difference? Is this a Simconnect issue? Should I look at reinstalling SP1, SP2 etc? Also, I have SP4 ASX installed, but not SP3 or earlier -- is that OK?

Hi,There should not be a difference, but SimConnect can do strange things sometimes and yes, this is a SimConnect issue. No, don't do any reinstalls and you are OK with SP4 installed.Just don't launch FSX using ASX and then see what happens for now.Thanks,

I'm using SP2 without accel. To clarify, if I launch FSX using the ASX launch button, weather seems more consistent with report. However, if I do that, I cannot then "start" RC4 (get IPC error message), and cannot connect TrackIR or FSRealTime -- FSRealtime also showing IPC error as the problem. All these connect OK if I start FSX normally, without using the LAUNCH button in ASX.Can HiFi support people please clarify why there would be a difference? Is this a Simconnect issue? Should I look at reinstalling SP1, SP2 etc? Also, I have SP4 ASX installed, but not SP3 or earlier -- is that OK?
If any of the programs are launched using the "run as administrator" option then you must make sure all programs launch with the same administrator option set, otherwise they wont be able to communicate with one another. This is of course only applicable if you are using Vista and you have UAC switched on.Vista will not let any program with administrator rights communicate with a program without admin rights and vice versa for security reasons.

Cheers, Andy.