Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moghdad

DreamFleet Powered C172 released...

Guest UweR

One of the most popular FS downloads ever must have been the Dreamfleet2000/FSD Cessna C172 package for FS2000. The recent release of RealAir

This is great. I can't wait to get a hold of this panel. As I mentioned in another thread here, I'm using the C172SP in FS to practice IR training. With the RealAir flight model, this couldn't have come at a better time for me.I do have one question. The C172SP comes standard with a KLN94 GPS. On the manufacturer's site there's a training sim on this GPS, and although it wouldn't be directly interfacable with FS, it would be great to see one simulated as has been done for the Garmin product. After all, almost everyone in a trainer that's been built in the past years or so is flying with one of these GPS's now.Thanks for a great panel, guys.Bruce.

Guest UweR

It should have appeared here already, I just hope it is not delayed by that dreaded rivalry between the two sites.I "installed" the GPS SL320 of the Cardinal to the panel (I don

Thanks Uwe,I'm now at home and have the panel downloaded. Looking forward to flying it!I developed a few random saved-flights in FS tonight, at an unfamiliar airport with some published approaches (random locations and headings with the co-located VOR in range). I'm intersted to see how they work out.Thanks again,Bruce.

Uwe,Thank you for another of your fine aviation products.I have a question for you - Since I have purchased both the Carenado Cessna 172 II Skyhawk and the Dreamfleet C177 Cardinal, I would like to create for myself the following combination: - Visual model: Carenado Cessna 172 II Skyhawk CC-KAD- 2D Panel: Your new Dreamfleet C172 panel with Dreamfleet C177 Cardinal radios and gauges- Flight dynamics: Realair

All,Just a recommendation for this fine combination. Anyone interested in the 172SP experience should give this a good look.Thanks and a tip of the cap to Uwe.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Is the FSD 172 still available anywhere? Looks very nice--somehow I've missed it during all these years....-John

John - It's in the File Library at www.flightsim.com :Name: dfsdc172.zip Size: 23,560,615 Date: 09-29-2000 Downloads: 53714 FS2000 DreamFleet 2000 & FSD Cessna 172P with aircraft, panel and sound. A highly detailed and accurate aircraft model is combined with an ultra-realistic panel / aircraft cabin environment. All of the quality and sophistication you have come to expect from DreamFleet 2000 and FSD is here, with several new features. The aircraft is stunning in every respect, and features full moving parts, complete interior and more. The panel features full IFR avionics, enhanced sounds, opening and closing left and right doors, gyro sounds, and much more. The sound package was created from recordings made from a real Cessna 172. Aircraft by Flight Sim Developers, panel by DreamFleet 2000. The download count will attest to the popularity :-) .Trip

Thanks....I suspect I missed it because of the file size.... 23MEGS.... I know what my modem will be doing later on.... That 172 certainly looks better than the default, and with the SP FDE..... Well, I can't wait....-John

Hi guysDoes the DF 172 which was designed for FS 2000 work in FS 2002?I have the d/l but don't want to risk messing up my installation!

Guest Henri W

Robert,I use a combination of:Visual model: Carenado Cessna 172N CC-KBO.2D Panel: Dreamfleet C172 panel with Dreamfleet C172 gauges, but with the two bitmaps for left and right view replaced by those for the Carenado C172N (the DF172 bitmaps lack doors).Flight dynamics: Realair C172SP (also used their aircraft.cfg except for some data like gear height).Sound: Realair C172SPThis really is all I could wish for. I have all side views, landing view and the proper C172 gauges. For instance, I prefer to have the proper C172 ASI gauge (slightly different speeds like Vs0, Vno, compared to the C177 version, when I am not mistaken).In case you would like to get more information, just mail me at h.werij@wxs.nl.Cheers,Henrihttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

The DreamFleet C172 does work in FS2k2, however not perfectly, there are some systems that do not work correctly, but most do. I have flown it in FS2k2 somewhat because it is such a tremoundous looking panel. I have only quite using it much as I have become enamorered of the Virtual Cockpit, in general aviation singles. :)By the way thanks, an a big tip of the sombrero to you Uwe and the CrazedLog,(I think it was he, that was working with you on this project). I loved this panel, and now with the RealAir C172 to fly, it is a wish come true.Also kudos and a big thank you to one Mr. Lou Betti for allowing you to cross pollinate, as it were these aircraft.

This sounds really nice Henri. I would love to get it a try. I shot you an email sir. I do own the 172N CarenadoBest Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest UweR

Hi all, thanks for the kind words!@John The panel can be downloaded separately, that download is only 10 MB. This is the filename "df1721_0.zip". You really won

Hello Uwe, very nice indeed. Wonderful looking panel. Two questions please.I would like to use one of the Carenado's ext models also, I have the 172II and 172N. Could you post here what is needed to get it working correctly?Do you know what the eyepoint height really is in a real Cessna 172? This panel seems a bit high but I want to make sure before I change the height.Best Wishes, [red]Randy J. Smith[/red][h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"