Sign in to follow this  
BrendanFUS1191

FS9 PMDG MD-11 Paint Kit

I know others and myself would very much like to start painting the MD11 for FS9 in our VA's colors, as well as our favorite liveries. When can we expect to see the paint kit for this bird? Many thanks, and congrats for releasing such a wonderful product!BrendanFusion Airways(I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I'm still newish around here)

Best Regards,

Brendan Farmer KPAE

www.fusionairways.com

I know others and myself would very much like to start painting the MD11 for FS9 in our VA's colors, as well as our favorite liveries. When can we expect to see the paint kit for this bird? Many thanks, and congrats for releasing such a wonderful product!BrendanFusion Airways(I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I'm still newish around here)
Brendan.The paintkit for the FSX version works you'll just have to do a bit of leg work ;-)Any of the textures you bring into FS9 from FSX have to be flipped vertically. You then have to change various alphas to suit the way FS9 is designed. It's a bit complicted to explain so I'll see if I can whip up a tutorial on converting FSX liveries to FS9. Some of the procedures will apply to first time FS9 paints.Pete 'Mac Paint'PMDG Graphic Designer

Guest HeavyMetal
Brendan.The paintkit for the FSX version works you'll just have to do a bit of leg work ;-)Any of the textures you bring into FS9 from FSX have to be flipped vertically. You then have to change various alphas to suit the way FS9 is designed. It's a bit complicted to explain so I'll see if I can whip up a tutorial on converting FSX liveries to FS9. Some of the procedures will apply to first time FS9 paints.Pete 'Mac Paint'PMDG Graphic Designer
Pete.. I tried using the FSX Paintkit.. Not good.. I would prefer a FS9 specific MD-11 paintkit.. If that is forthcoming I will wait for it. Otherwise it will some time before my VA (Noble Air) sees this great aircraft with their livery..

Guest nmaggioros

I used the FSX Paintkit to do our VA's colours (DIAS AIR) with now problem at all! Just exported them as 32bit DXT3. Also i believe they where the FIRST Repaints for the FS9 uploaded at the AVSIM library. :( You can see my Repaints at Avsim http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=132922 and http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=132923Also the Engine Fins Nikola i believe are at the PMDG_MD11_DET_01_T.bmp

Guest Nikola

FSX paintkit is good for FS9, I have made 2 repaints...I found PMDG_MD11_DEt_01_t.bmp, but I don't know wich part is for engine fins?

Ok i would love to convert my repaints over to FS9 but i dont have it anymore so i would be taking a gamble just making them 32bit . Anybody help me with this or is willing to convert them i dont mind as long as they look the same and the textures are not changed .Lee Marrow

Ok i would love to convert my repaints over to FS9 but i dont have it anymore so i would be taking a gamble just making them 32bit . Anybody help me with this or is willing to convert them i dont mind as long as they look the same and the textures are not changed .Lee Marrow
Lee, if you use the FSX version of ImageTool to convert your images to DXT3, it does much nicer job than the FS9 version did. You no longer get those nasty artifacts. It's a 75% reduction in texture overhead compared to 32 bit.best,VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Ok ive converted the textures i just need somebody to test them in FS9 for me .... Could anybody try a GE Fedex repaint i have converted to work in FS9 . Please email me at Leemazz@aol.com and i will send you the textures .Lee Marrow

Guest IgorBahillo

Hi!I would like to know if there will be a paintkit for MD11 FS9. Is it under construction? or is mandatory to use the FSX one?Thanks in advanceIgor

Hello,Just a question regarding this paintkit. I'm currently repainting the PH-KCH (KLM MD-11). Using the FSX paintkit, I exported it all to DXTBmp and saved it there as DXT3 and both 32-bit format, just to make sure which one was better.When I started flightsim, with the editted textures (left fuge) the fuge was good, no problems whatsoever. After switching to Windows to check something and back to FS, the left fuge (editted zide) was all blurry. After some pan (spot view) switches, everything was OK again, however same thing reoccurs when switching to Windows. Think it has something to do with the Alpha Layer, not sure though...Anyone an idea what's going wrong here?Thanks for your answer.Best regards,Marco Meerkerk

If your using DXT the only thing i can thing of is unticking the boxes on the right hand side make sure there is not a tick in the mipmaps box .Lee Marrow

That deffinately did the trick, thanks Lee!The only question remains, what does the MipMaps do exactly?Regards,Marco

Im not too sure to be honest but i do know it makes the textures go all blurry . If you save the textures as DDS files you need to have the box ticked . Pretty weird stuff .Lee Marrow