Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Anyone using PMDG MD11 with Active Sky Advanced?

For me it's just impossible to use the combination PMDG MD11 and ASA (in FS9) because of the EXTREMELY changing speeds it results in the MD11. It goes from say 300 knots to 200 knots in 1-2 seconds and then fluctuates up and down casuing the airplane to stall and dive. I don't see this behaviour with any other aircraft in my hangar and neither with AS 6.5 and PMDG MD11. I'm sure it's down to some setting in ASA but could some kind soul who experienced the same problem and sorted it out, please guide me in the right direction. For some reason I'm having trouble understanding how to set up ASA correctly despite reading the manual.
Krister I fly the MD-11 + ASA + FSX and do not have any wind shift problems so far. I moved FSUIPC4.DLL to a temp directory so that it will not interfere. (Maybe later I will move it back). I have 13 hours flying time so far, so really that is not much testing, but so far, so good.I also enabled DWC (Direct Wind Control) in ASA.I realize you are in FS9, and I cannot speak for that; but I would try moving FSUIPC to some temp location and then do a test flight.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I can confirm that by using the wind smoothing option - just put a 1 into the rate of change - all works much better.
I checked now and I already had that setting made - still the MD11 behaved like crazy. Have to check further!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I checked now and I already had that setting made - still the MD11 behaved like crazy. Have to check further!
Uncheck "Direct Wind Control" in ASA and the problem should go away. This is a temporary work-around until HiFi fix the wind problem in ASA.Iain Smith

Hi,I am involved to test the new ASA - so far I had NO problems with wind direction, others have major problems!I believe that it is just a matter of each individual setting in the OS and FSX/FS9 system. Just one mark in the wrong area and you are in trouble . . .