Sign in to follow this  
VaclavLoubek

MD11F range

Guys, what is the range of the PMDG MD11F? Wikipedia says the real MD11F has the range of 3600 nm. For me it seems too short for the long hauler...

Some of the AUX tanks not installed in the cargo version?The same Wikipedia article gives the range for the MD-11CF (convertible freighter) as 6,840NM in the passenger configuration, but only 3,950NM in the freight config. Assuming the article is correct, I guess this means that some of the AUX fuel tanks can be removed/reinstalled as part of the conversion process?Tom

Guest Steven Stratton
Guys, what is the range of the PMDG MD11F? Wikipedia says the real MD11F has the range of 3600 nm. For me it seems too short for the long hauler...
I would think that it would depend entirely on the payload carried, which is generally higher with a freighter than a passenger aircraft.

It certainly does, but I would like to know, whether the range of PMDG MD11F is also 3600 nm, because Wiki also mention MD11ERF which has the range increased to more than 6000 nm. I enjoy flying the long hauls 4000-5000 nm long, will I enjoy those with PMDG MD11F?