Sign in to follow this  
Guest foxone85

Altitude Brackets (VERT REV Constraints)

Guest foxone85

Hello allI'm wondering if PMDG also modelled a so called "altitude bracket" which you can define in the VERT REV page of the MCDU? Let's say you want to cross a waypoint XXXXX between FL260 and FL200. Now can you enter this into the VERT REV page? Logically you should be able to enter "FL260" into the "At or below"-bracket and "FL200" into the "At or above"-field. Unfortunately that doesn't work for me.On the ND you should see -FL260/+FL200 next to the waypoint (see picture in attachment).Thanks for the helpMichae

I wish I had tried that during beta. It does work the bracket constraints that are in a sidstar procedure file. Since there only one field on the page for altitude I don't know how this is implemented on the real aircraft.I know a work around is to create a fix 1 nm before and have a AT OR BELOW constraint followed by a AT OR ABOVE at the real fix.Can you shed light on inputing this on a real MCDU?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest foxone85
I know a work around is to create a fix 1 nm before and have a AT OR BELOW constraint followed by a AT OR ABOVE at the real fix.Can you shed light on inputing this on a real MCDU?
Thanks for your reply, Dan!That's a very good work around! Thank you for the hint.The way you enter this in a real MCDU is the one I wrote above. The FMS must allow 2 entries in the VERT REV page: At/below AND At/above. But if you enter a constraint with an absolut altitute (e.g. ALT:AT FL200) then no other entry is allowed. Since I have a very limited IT knowledge, I do not know how much effort such an "update" would cost. =) Just in case this could be done "quickly" I would appreciate that :)Michael

I will add that to the desired feature list.. no harm in asking. I like the feature... but, I am wondering how often it is used. I can imagine it on departure where ATC may want you above 4000 but below 10000 due to traffic but they want you staying in their airspace until handoff to center.... and although I don't know how it would be used in this case but I am aware of block altitude assignments. Maybe it is because I have never flown overseas and all my real flight experience is below FL250. Use often?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest foxone85

Well no, the function is nearly only used for STARs and SIDs.Is there a way to adjust the SID/STAR procedure file, because the approach I tried out in Sao Paulo (PCL.TUCA09) has normaly these altitude brackets which are not included in the STAR file of the initial FS9 release.Well as I said... in a nutshell, it's a little issue :)Michael

The first thing that comes to mind is CIVIT STAR at KLAX. Lots of brackets, you can look at it and use a text editor to change the Salo Paulo arrival. Look in KLAX.txt (from navigraph, not my customized because brackets don't work in 737 I usually insert optimum crossing altitude).Edit: Get guide on how to write procedure files from Terry Yingling site planepath.com; found under support files for pmdg

Dan Downs KCRP