Sign in to follow this  
brucets

ILS Failures?

Greetings -I have experienced, on more than one occasion, that an ILS simply doesn't function properly. Most recently I tried landing on rwy 30L at KSTL and the ILS just doesn't work. The Localizer does not line the ac up properly(way left) and there is NO Glide Slope at all. I tried a half dozen times with different default ac and the result is always the same---- disconnect the AP and try to recover.I also have experienced a malfunctioning ILS at Denver on 35R. The glide slope would have taken me into the ground miles from the end of the runway. There have been a few other incidences as well, which I can't now recall. What is the cause of this?? Do others have the same experience? Thanks!Bruce

Guest phineast
Greetings -I have experienced, on more than one occasion, that an ILS simply doesn't function properly. Most recently I tried landing on rwy 30L at KSTL and the ILS just doesn't work. The Localizer does not line the ac up properly(way left) and there is NO Glide Slope at all. I tried a half dozen times with different default ac and the result is always the same---- disconnect the AP and try to recover.I also have experienced a malfunctioning ILS at Denver on 35R. The glide slope would have taken me into the ground miles from the end of the runway. There have been a few other incidences as well, which I can't now recall. What is the cause of this?? Do others have the same experience? Thanks!Bruce
The localizer for 30L at KSTL is 111.5. I believe FSX has the wrong data for this ... it seems to use an offset frequency.-Dave

The localizer for 30L at KSTL is 111.5. I believe FSX has the wrong data for this ... it seems to use an offset frequency.-Dave
Dave - 111.50 is what I used each time and it definitely does not work properly. Thanks!Bruce

Do not use the default KSTL scenery. It has old data in it, and is missing the new runway and approaches.You need my KSTL v1.5 scenery here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=130025I fixed the ILS 30L freq, among many many other things. See the readme for details.If you fly complex add-ons like PMDG and Level-D you can fly all of the published approaches including 30L.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Do not use the default KSTL scenery. It has old data in it, and is missing the new runway and approaches.You need my KSTL v1.5 scenery here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=130025I fixed the ILS 30L freq, among many many other things. See the readme for details.If you fly complex add-ons like PMDG and Level-D you can fly all of the published approaches including 30L.
Thanx for the heads up on that I was about to dive into it myself.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

KSTL Rwy 30L has two separate ILS installations.I-BKY is a conventional ILS on 111.500 with a standard service volume certified to 18 nm. frontcourse 302.20 true.I-RMK is an LDA with glideslope on 111.750 with an extended service volume certified to 33 nm. frontcourse 305.20 true.BKY is in FSX but RMK is not. Instead there is I-FXD on 110.500 which is incorrect.You need that replacement scenery.scott s..

Gents - Thanks much for the replies.Mace, I'll pick up your scenery----- very much appreciated!!! Although I spend a fair amount of time on FSX, I can't seem to get motivated enough to take on the PMDG stuff.Scott --- you are one knowledgeable guy!! Thanks!Bruce