Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Captain Sim Stole My Money

Seriously folks, I tried to purchase the 757 about 6 months ago for FS9 and was unable to get them to send me the download links or software keys. I requested and received a refund. Last week, with the 9.99 sale, I decided to give them another chance. :( It was Christmas and I was feeling particularly jolly. So when I was presented with download links at end of the purchase process, I was elated. However, it turns out, I couldn't actually install the software becuase my order number was supposedly "not in our database"...Which is funny, because my credit card number sure seemed to be in their database.I'll keep the rest of this short, although the story is anything but...They promised me a refund which they have yet to do. And trying to contact their "customer service" by filling out a web form and then waiting two days for a response was starting to **** me off. Especially when all they do is respond with conflicting run-around statements, and then have the audacity to write in BOLD letters at the beginning of each e-mail not to reply to the e-mail, because "responses will not be processed"...After raising the issue on their forum, (in compliance with ALL the forum rules, I might add) my post was deleted.When I re-posted my valid complaint about their lack of any customer support, I was banned from their forum.So now, they have left me with a product I cannot install, that they won't support, and for which they have promised me a refund but won't deliver.I'm out $30 (bought the 757 and C-130 for FSX together) as far as they're concerned. I've disputed the charges with my bank, but for the love of God, it was a terrible mistake to give these criminals a second chance.DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON CAPTAIN SIM PRODUCTS!!! They have no problem taking your money then leaving you out in the cold with no method to contact them for support or voice your complaints.Regards,Nick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I find it odd how any of the major flight sim sites continue to carry and advertise their products.Customer support is ridiculous at best....And I've heard of this time and time again in reference to not being able to get the planes downloaded after purchase?Some of us at the start of it waited patiently for a year for the "Updates"...Then when we began to question them...We were promptly banned!So the ongoing games they play come as no surprise.All I can tell you Nick is to scream at the top of your lungs in every forum where someone ask/inquires about buying from them "DON"T DO IT!"I do!Jeff

I am with you on this one Jeff. I am also spreading the news and patiently waiting for the Service Pack to be made available over at Just Flight. I expected a bit more from Captain 757 than just a fantastic 3d model and eye candy. I am probably getting a bit paranoid but some members here may remember the SSW A310 another customer support disaster. I purchased that product based on good reviews and ended up getting banned from the SSW forums for asking when the server would be back online so I could download the patch. I think that particular company has gone for good now. I am not saying CaptainSim will go the same way but reading all this negative feedback does get me thinking. Please people wait before purchasing the JF version (757 Captain) until the patch becomes available on their site if you want to use it with FS2004. At least take the trouble to read the list of modifications in the 2.1 update list over at CaptainSim. I am at a loss to understand why JF cannot give me a rough idea when the 2.1 patch will be released all I keep getting is they are waiting for the files from CS. Some rumours that a patch will be released in Spring. Draw your own conclusions. Not sure if this thing is worth the bother even when patched.Big thumbs up to Avsim for creating this forum at least we can all discuss our experiences regarding CS.

I'm out $30 (bought the 757 and C-130 for FSX together) as far as they're concerned. I've disputed the charges with my bank, but for the love of God, it was a terrible mistake to give these criminals a second chance.DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON CAPTAIN SIM PRODUCTS!!! They have no problem taking your money then leaving you out in the cold with no method to contact them for support or voice your complaints.Nick
Welcome to the club!!I was out $70, and never got a refund.Capt Sim 757 - DO NOT BUY!!!We need to continue putting the word out.DO NOT BUY CAPTAIN SIM

The fact that there are people like this that just take the money and do not deliver the product is a shame.

I was really very surprised to read this and a few other threads that are similar. I purchased the 727 in 2005 and the 757 2 months ago, but these were the JF ones, a company I know and trust. The 727 was OK (though a modernised panel similar to the recent ones would be nice, VOR nav in todays panel is a pain in the a**) though I cant find a repaint of the only 727 I care about (Air Algerie), but the 757 is awesome, on a par with the best of them. I got it after a review in Airliner World magazine and have not been disappointed. I came on this forum to report a couple of bugs, but i didn't realise that people actually hate CS. I have also seen the rocking but only in rubbish weather and with over 2x speed, and the brakes apply for no reason, either when there is windshear during cruise or when intialising descent

but the 757 is awesome, on a par with the best of them. I got it after a review in Airliner World magazine and have not been disappointed. I came on this forum to report a couple of bugs, but i didn't realise that people actually hate CS.
I don't know about that statement about the 757. I bought it back in January and haven't used it for over 3 months. Have you had the problems with it descending and not being able to stay at an altitude? (It tries to compensate by climbing, then descends because it overshoots, then repeats the process.) It also has never done a successful Autoland (using FSPassengers to test -ft/min results in 400+ -ft/min.) And eats my frames. (This probably doesn't matter since my computer sucks.) After day 1 of flying the 757, I tried to contact support asking if these would be fixed but just got my ticket closed without a response.Edit : Sorry to those of you who haven't even been able to install it (you're really not missing anything.). (Un)Luckily for me, their website wouldn't let me buy it so I ended up buying it from FSPilotshop. I'd have an extra $25 in my pocket if I wasn't so stubborn to wait for a better '57.

I don't know about that statement about the 757. I bought it back in January and haven't used it for over 3 months. Have you had the problems with it descending and not being able to stay at an altitude? (It tries to compensate by climbing, then descends because it overshoots, then repeats the process.) It also has never done a successful Autoland (using FSPassengers to test -ft/min results in 400+ -ft/min.) And eats my frames. (This probably doesn't matter since my computer sucks.) After day 1 of flying the 757, I tried to contact support asking if these would be fixed but just got my ticket closed without a response.Edit : Sorry to those of you who haven't even been able to install it (you're really not missing anything.). (Un)Luckily for me, their website wouldn't let me buy it so I ended up buying it from FSPilotshop. I'd have an extra $25 in my pocket if I wasn't so stubborn to wait for a better '57.
I understand, and I haven't had that problem, but the autoland is a bit rubbish. I had it dive into the RW the first couple of times, but afterwards it worked OK. I tend to land by hand mostly anyway. The VC is weird in the freighters. My computer sucks harder than yours (probably), but I can fly OK. I got the Just Flight CD, so maybe these bugs have been ironed out, and their customer support is fine AFAIK, but thankfully I never really need it.

To be honest, at this point it amazes me that anyone looking for a high level simulation experience patronizes CS. The jury has long been in, gone home and gotten grey hair. They're a CANDY store, and it's to their dubious credit that ACES (rip) saw fit to have them model the Acceleration pack FA-18. Dubious because fs default airplanes are exactly that - candy, with little substance, so they went looking for the best candy makers they could find. Nothing at all wrong with that mind you - That CS makes the best looking airplanes is simple fact BUT...To class the CS757 with 'the best of them' ie LDS or PMDG is laughable in the extreme. To me it's bordering on the profane :( Tell me, does the CS757 still burn fuel from all tanks at once?

Hi,I've just bought the 727X Pro with the 200 and freight models last week. I've also bought the complete 757 package at the same time.I remember I had a problem when trying to install and activate the B757, saying that the order was not in the database.BUT after waiting a few minutes, I tried again and all the aircrafts were installed and activated without any problems.....So you should have wait a little before requesting a refund. I really enjoy the B727, a real old aircraft without computers on board !St

My better self caught up with me and I deleted my original post I had drafted. (The older I get, the more I do that, for some reason. I don't know if it is because I am getting crankier in my old age, or wiser.)I'm sorry some are dissatisfied with Captain Sim support, refund policies and / or products.I can only say I have made three purchases: the old 727, the new 727, and the new 757. I received confirmation and download info immediately, and any momentary confusion over two different emails I used by accident was my fault and resolved quickly in any event. I loved the old 727 and the two latest offerings seem promising. They are having a great sale now.If you don't like "eye candy" then I feel sorry for you now that Spring is here with warmer weather. To suggest that that is all there is to Captain Sim, however, betrays either an unfamiliarity with the product or greater knowledge of real-world aircraft and expectations of fidelity than I will ever have. I cannot think of a single payware product I have that doesn't cause me headaches, or disappoint in some regard. Yet, I also don't think I've found one so worthless as to condemn to the desert to be sold for parts.Yes, I like eye candy. That is part of the fun for me. I also like radio navigation, classic jets, and, with the fervor of a convert, virtual cockpits that don't kill frame rates. Captain Sim does these things well; in fact, better than anyone in the business. If you want assistance in getting your refund, PM me and let's see if I can help. Being a lawyer has given me a knack for dealing with people :-)I think it is unfortunate that there are disfavored companies and golden ones in this community. The first can do no right, the second no wrong. So, I guess this is a counter-point to the original poster, from someone who has had a vastly different experience. I truly don't like to see a fellow simmer disappointed, so you have my sympathy. But based on my past experience with the 727 and get-acquainted flights with the two new sale products, I hope they are going to be a lot of fun. If I find out otherwise, I'll be sure to post that, too.I always find myself rooting for the wrong side. I admit to actually liking Wilco,too, and have probably had more hours of enjoyment out of their products than all other combined (although the Coolsky Super 80 Pro is cutting into those numbers pretty quickly nowadays).

To be honest, at this point it amazes me that anyone looking for a high level simulation experience patronizes CS. The jury has long been in, gone home and gotten grey hair. They're a CANDY store, and it's to their dubious credit that ACES (rip) saw fit to have them model the Acceleration pack FA-18. Dubious because fs default airplanes are exactly that - candy, with little substance, so they went looking for the best candy makers they could find. Nothing at all wrong with that mind you - That CS makes the best looking airplanes is simple fact BUT...
Where did you get that info... it's not CS that made the F-18 it was FS Dream Team, makers of very high quality airport addons....