Sign in to follow this  
deaconblues

FSBuild: Alaska airports; NATS load fail

I've searched the FSBuild forum, with no luck; and for some reason I'm not able to register at that forum, so I'll ask here and hope Ernie or someone else familiar with FSBuild will see this.I want to build some plans for flying in Alaska, but FSBuild doesn't recognize any airports up there (I've tried plugging in a dozen, large and small). Is this intentional, or am I missing some files?Also (and not as big a deal), when the program is going through its initial startup and loading, the program is unable to connect to wherever it's supposed to, to load NATS data. This is a recent problem, and as I said, not a big deal, because once the program is loaded it's able to connect and get the data. It's a minor annoyance because of the error message that pops up and stops the loadup until I click "Okay."Can somebody help?EDIT: Yes, I accidentally posted this thread twice. I've sent a message to Admin. Hopefully one of these will be deleted soon!

I've searched the FSBuild forum, with no luck; and for some reason I'm not able to register at that forum, so I'll ask here and hope Ernie or someone else familiar with FSBuild will see this.I want to build some plans for flying in Alaska, but FSBuild doesn't recognize any airports up there (I've tried plugging in a dozen, large and small). Is this intentional, or am I missing some files?Also (and not as big a deal), when the program is going through its initial startup and loading, the program is unable to connect to wherever it's supposed to, to load NATS data. This is a recent problem, and as I said, not a big deal, because once the program is loaded it's able to connect and get the data. It's a minor annoyance because of the error message that pops up and stops the loadup until I click "Okay."Can somebody help?EDIT: Yes, I accidentally posted this thread twice. I've sent a message to Admin. Hopefully one of these will be deleted soon!
You're missing some files - I just checked Juneau, Anchorage, and Ketchikan with no problem. Your FSBuild.cfg file should show the NATRAURL entry as NATRAURL=http://www.fsbuild.com/nat.htmlDJ

Go to www.fsbuild.com. In the upper left under downloads should be a link to a recent AIRAC file set for you to install: Fsbuild Navdata Airac Cycle 0813 Included in that download will be fsb_apts.txt and .idx which contains the airport information and index. It will include all airports.I tried Anchorage (PANC) and Juneau (PAJN) and they are both there.The download is free and works with the current payware versions.That should give you any missing database files.

Yeah, I checked all that info, per the advice of both of you. Everything was where it was supposed to be (and I update the AIRAC monthly), I rechecked my config options, and I still couldn't get it to work. So I removed the entire program and reinstalled. That worked for bringing back my Alaskan airports.Ubersu, I checked my FSBuild.cfg and found a totally different address. I copied the address you provided and it worked like a charm. Thanks!Problem solved.