Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

I'm clueless - please help

I would go with the i7. Although it cost a lot... it doubles the fps of the other cpu you listed.-Vincent

Nick, thanks again for the info. I just found out that ETA on the CAS7 is tomorrow thru Newegg! :D

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When did you order this memory? Newegg seems to be out of stock for a while now. I'm debating wheter to get a different memory now, I've got all the components but the memeory.
Little late posting, but I bought the memory from Newegg 1/12/09 and received them the 15th or 16th.

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4gHz for FSX w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Memory: 6GB (3x2gb) OCZ3P1600LV6GK Case: CM690 PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750W OS: Vista64 SP1 Main HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Black SATA FSX Drive: 300GB WD Velociraptor

GPU: EVGA GTX285 Vanilla

Nick, this must be a great memory, it was gone from Newegg within 2 hours today! I was lucky to purchase it, should have it soon.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

One final question before I put this rig together tomorrow, can I install XP64 on the i7?

Jacek G.

Guest Nick_N
One final question before I put this rig together tomorrow, can I install XP64 on the i7?
of course!

Nick, first of thank you so very much for the recommendation. I've finally put the rig together, installed OS, FS9 and a massive amount of add-ons. I'm on my third flight and just can't get enough of it. Fantastic performance, spectacular even!!! Holy Crap!!!! I didn't even clock it yet! I've had two different computers running FS9 in the past, but I never seen a performance like this, probably because I never listened to the advice of other users in terms of specing out a proper system. I've never had 40-55Fps at ORD (FSDT), full AI, ASV and UT USA and being that this is my home airport, I am in FS heaven for the first time in my sim career, wow. :DI might be even slightly tempted to install FSX when I'll get over the FS9 experience. Thanks again, I owe you a beer. :)

Jacek G.

Guest Nick_N
Nick, first of thank you so very much for the recommendation. I've finally put the rig together, installed OS, FS9 and a massive amount of add-ons. I'm on my third flight and just can't get enough of it. Fantastic performance, spectacular even!!! Holy Crap!!!! I didn't even clock it yet! I've had two different computers running FS9 in the past, but I never seen a performance like this, probably because I never listened to the advice of other users in terms of specing out a proper system. I've never had 40-55Fps at ORD (FSDT), full AI, ASV and UT USA and being that this is my home airport, I am in FS heaven for the first time in my sim career, wow. :DI might be even slightly tempted to install FSX when I'll get over the FS9 experience. Thanks again, I owe you a beer. :)
ENJOY that system my friend.. my concern was making sure you were covered for years to come and with that purchase you are certainly not going to have any problems now.. and you are ready to build and grow with it.. well worth the money spent becuse anything else and you would have been stuck.