Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

HIGH SPECK SYSTEM BUT 10 FPS HELP PLZ!!!!!!

Hiya all AMD 1700 XP512 PC133Nivida GForce4 Ti 4600 128 mb RRD with new DriversSoltek MBWell that's my system Spec and i get abouot 10-15 FPS in Defult aircraft and Scenery all up Max but no Ground Shadows.erm am i doing something wong? i have tryed all Drivers and updates / Formated / tweks and nothing i just cannot get it to Work well plz Help me :-(Help??Thanx ya all Russ

Russ - With all due respect, that's no longer a "high spec" system. You're simply suffering from a lack of CPU power. Moving some of the sliders a bit to the left should improve things a bit. Look especially at the settings for ATC, water reflections, and autogen scenery.Trip

Yoi have Done all that i put evrething on Low and Still the Samebut in VC when i look down it's about 40 i dunno what is wong with itRuss

Russ,Check to see what you have running in the background. If your AntiVirus Software is running, that is a killer. Also, anything else running in the background other then required resources is using up CPU resources which means lower frame rates.With my PIII 450 MHz and 32 MB Radeon DDR Video Card, I get those frame rates you are seeing (closer to 10) but I have to turn down the ATC otherwise it is around 8 so something else may happening. I doubt with all the sliders maxed you will see a big performance gain over what you have now but with a 1.7 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM, I would think you should get somewhat higher framerates then what you re seeing.I agree, the Autogen scenery and Water Reflections also play a big part in loss of FPS. Try turning those back a little. I find that anything up to normal autogen is fine, once I go above that, I loose FPS.Alsp the Terrain Mesh SLider, move it back to 85 percent or so, you should see a gain right there. Also, make sure the scenery shadows are turned off. They eat up some FPS. I assume from your post that the Aircraft Shadows are turned off as well. Those cost me 4+ FPS if not more. Good Luck,Mark

hiya Marki have evrething off ATC the lot all background Programs.Russ

First question....Where are you getting the 10-15 fps? Have you compared flying over Kansas City--a fairly low detail city, with flying over O'Hare--which is a high detail airport combined with a high detail city?I get an average of 25fps on an '800 with GeF/2, but I leave AI off, and Autogen I leave off if flying over already detailed cities. Both make a huge difference in fps. But if I max everything including AI, and go to a high detail airport like ORD or LAX, it'd be a challenge to exceed 6-7 fps... And that figure is almost in proportion to yours, taking in cpu speed...If you're only getting 10-15 fps in more generic areas, something else may be going on.... Try posting a small screenshot if that's the case. We might be able to see if there are problems with the way your graphics card is recognized.-John

Hiyai am Flying at no Airport but if i went to EGLL defult i still get about 10-15 in the defult 737I formated today and have only installd FS2002 no addons or no programs and it's still the same and all sliders is lowRuss

Why don't you post a screen print of your display sliders, followed by a screenprint of the fps reading you're getting. Just remember to keep each 700 pixels wide or less....

there u go flying a Defult 737 loli dunno what to make of it ??Dam i was uploading and said Sqript Error i dunno i will have it repaird but the pic was just the Sea nothing more and got 3 FPS there lolRuss

Just a guess, but it sure sounds like you are not running FS in hardware mode.... Without shots at this point, it's just a guess... Once you get the posting sorted out, we'll see....Also, some advice... Even mild expletives can get threads deleted in the forum. We have a lot of kids here, and we wouldn't want them talking like Mom or Dad....Brings back a "foot in my mouth" story. I was flying home between ABQ and PHX, and this girl seated next to me, looking out at the vast expanse of desert, said to me "Why did the dinosaurs die?"I said "'Coz they smoked too many cigarettes"End of flight, I'm waiting outside of baggage claim for a taxi, and the girl goes walking by with her Mom. who was puffing away on a cigarette... I'm just....uh....lucky her Mom didn't fight in the WWF!:-beerchug

Guest Milio_B
With all due respect, that's no longer a "high spec" system. You're simply suffering from a lack of CPU power. Moving some of the sliders a bit to the left should improve things a bit. Look especially at the settings for ATC, water reflections, and autogen scenery.
It's true that what were high end systems when FS2002 came out are not high end systems now. However, if indeed it was a high end system, and FS2002 could perfectly be used and taking advantage of many of the features it offers when it was first released, then I see no reason why that would change in the present..Just because there are CPUs twice as fast out there, that doesn't mean it can't perform its job well, remeber it was the fastest computer at one point....So I think it's safe to say that there's no CPU Power lacking, it should be an external problem, maybe video card related....10 FPS in default scenery is not what you should be getting with that sytem...

From what he described Milo, I suspect there's something else wrong. I don't have to reduce too many sliders, on a far slower system, to get decent performance. His performance sounds about half mine, when it should be twice mine. He says he's moved his sliders to the left. But until we see screenshots, I guess our guess is as good as his....

Well nothing on the Screen Shot :-(I think my Computer is for the Bin loli am Running in DirectX Mode do i need to Chang the setting???O and when i first got the GForce4 Ti4600 only on 2D panel the Screen was Pink and loads of small Squers ???? Is this a Hardwaire Issue??Thanx for ya Help allRuss

Could be about anything, but without some screenshots, it'd be difficult to tell. What you describe sounds like it's not running in Hardware mode. My laptop did that, as it didn't have a decent 3-d card. I remember getting around 10fps, and the screen (although it wasn't pink) was certainly odd looking. Check out the screenshots forum. If your sim doesn't look like that shown in the shots, but instead it looks blocky, then FS or DirectX might not be recognizing your card. General solution is to reinstall your card drivers, then the same or a newer version of DirectX... You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words.... Try again to post one. Follow these steps....-Make sure the picture is around 700x500 (you may have to shrink it)-Make sure that it is compressed enough (in .jpg format only) that it isn't too over Avsim's limit...that may be why you are getting an error when you upload it... One thing I thought of since yesterday--are you trying to run at too high a resolution? Set your sim back to 800x600, and also, make sure your desktop is set at 16bit or 32bit color. What's your level of experience with computer systems?

Hiyathe Pic's in the Screen Shot FOurm look's Like my Sim.There is no Blocks or anything it's all Smoth but just bad FPSDO you think the Gforce is Busted??it did this when i first got it.the Sim lookd's OK just dont run good FPS.Russ