Sign in to follow this  
Alado

MD 11 V1 VR V2 ?

hello allEven having read the manual I don't see how we can have showed the V1 - VR and V2 speeds on the FMC ? Do they calculate automatically having entered all the elements weights runways temperatures etc ... or do we have to fill in manually ? or do we have maybe to push some LSK buttons ? on the fmc ? much obliged for advises . regardsPatrick

Read the tutorial, this subject is well covered.

The MDCU (don't call it an FMC!) calculates them but you need to give it some key pieces of information first such as your flap setting, the runway slope/wind etc... it is covered in the tutorial as Michael said.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hello allEven having read the manual I don't see how we can have showed the V1 - VR and V2 speeds on the FMC ? Do they calculate automatically having entered all the elements weights runways temperatures etc ... or do we have to fill in manually ? or do we have maybe to push some LSK buttons ? on the fmc ? much obliged for advises . regardsPatrick
Flex temp + flap setting + slope / runway in T/O page of the FMS after entering confirming V speeds :(

André

Flex temp + flap setting + slope / runway in T/O page of the FMS after entering confirming V speeds :(
Ok many thanks I will check again but I have entered all these elements ? Regardspatrick

Ok many thanks I will check again but I have entered all these elements ? Regardspatrick
You have to fill first the init pages of the FMS / MCDU

André

Guest krullenbol
The MDCU (don't call it an FMC!) calculates them but you need to give it some key pieces of information first such as your flap setting, the runway slope/wind etc... it is covered in the tutorial as Michael said.
bit offtopic:Actually, the FMC calculates the V-speeds. The MCDU is only an interface between the pilot and the FMC :)Floris

bit offtopic:Actually, the FMC calculates the V-speeds. The MCDU is only an interface between the pilot and the FMC :)Floris
:( You mean FMS

Guest krullenbol
:( You mean FMS
For the first part you are right ;

Many thanks to all of you apparently now it works !! So great regardspatrick

You mean FMS
Lets not waste time on semantics, Flight Management System consists of two Flight Management Computers, both FMC and FMS acronyms are used interchangeably with no harm done. :(

Lets not waste time on semantics, Flight Management System consists of two Flight Management Computers, both FMC and FMS acronyms are used interchangeably with no harm done. :(
Well now... both FMC and FMS acronyms may be used interchangeably but of course that's not correct! :( The FMS consists of two FMC's and the MCDU is used to input data into the FMS. So says the manual. :( Tabs was right AT FIRST when he said 'Don't say FMC but MCDU' because Alado was talking about SHOWING the speeds on the FMC! You can't SHOW them on the FMC. You can show them only on the MCDU. The data is IN the FMC >FMS, but not shown ON it. But then Tabs (indeed) made the mistake to say the MCDU calculates the speeds. Anyway, even though both FMC and FMS acronyms are used interchangeably, I think we should prevent confusion by naming everything correctly as much as possible! B) (Not being too serious here: my FSX computer is broken down and I am ill, so... I'm just trying to take my mind of all the misery here... B) )

Guest MD11Driver
Actually it's not the MCDU, it's MCDU 1 :) Since we're speaking about corrective measures.

You are all wrong! The technically correct word is "the machine that goes ping"!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

You are all wrong! The technically correct word is "the machine that goes ping"!
Boy that would scary for the passengers in the back with all of us in the front seat and busy with our MCRW stuff :(

André