Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

MD-11 FS9/FSX Updates Update...update....

Captains-Sometime during the day on Friday, we will be issuing an updated MD-11 for FS9. This update will include a half dozen or so fixes to items that we've seen you identify that didn't require much work to correct. The PRIMARY purpose to the fix is to correct the nose gear door animation, but we figured we could throw a few other fixes since they were easily adaptable.I'll provide a list shortly- so there is not need to populate the thread with 200 questions asking of X or Y or Z is included. We'll tell you shortly. ;-)This update will bring the FS9 version up to v1.10.0051For those awaiting the promised FSX update- we will issue v1.10.0051 of the MD-11X during the day Friday as well.Thank you VERY much for your positive feedback and enthusiastic reception for this airplane.Some of you have taken the time to drop us email letting us know how enjoyable the MD-11 is to fly. I've particularly enjoyed a few email from folks who, like me, really were never all that excited about the MD-11 until actually flying it. (In my case, Bill Grabowski arranged for the two of us to fly the Alteon's MD-11 simulator, and my "Boeing Centric Mind" was completely awed by how technologically advanced the MD-11 is.)The MD-11 has some incredible technology- and Michael, Bill and Vangelis have done a marvelous job of simulation those capabilities with this airplane....Don't be afraid to tell us about your MD-11 adventures here in the forum- they are always fun to read!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

is to correct the nose gear door animation
You mean the missing nose gear doors on the FS9 model, right, Robert?Tim

Thanks for the update, RobertI never expected you to fix the nose gear doors so quickly, i'm positively surprised to put it mildly :)I have done that tutorial flight a few times now and i never get tired of pushing those throttle levers forward on takeoff and just observing the autoflight system engage all the automatic functions, and the sounds.. i can't even get started to say how good they really are.. it's very immersive and have brought back my enthusiasm for flightsim once more :)Great job on the -11 and looking forward to getting this update that will fix the gear door problem (not really a big problem for me anyway)RegardsJan

You mean the missing nose gear doors on the FS9 model, right, Robert?Tim
He means the animation... Those nose gear doors are on the model already... they just animate incorrectly and cause the gear doors to be hidden when the gear is extended.Thanks for the update Robert! Didnt expect a fix so quickly. You guys are amazing!

Guest MD11Driver

I sent you a PM earlier Rob.. not sure if you had a chance to read it or not but it was with respect to the ground being visible between the inboard ailerons and outboard flaps. It's a line that runs from the leading to the trailing edge.Not sure if the wing flex allows that to be fixed but it would be nice ! Especially for those who use DBS Walk and Follow for wing views !fspic00049zu8.jpgThanks

Thanks for the update.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

May I add a request to check on the FS9 version. Flew the FSX version for 2 month and the trim settings given from the TO page gave excellent handling during rotation and initial climb. Now having flown the FS9 version with different loadings, that is not the case anymore. Following the recomended data, the plane rotates on a tiny move on the yoke and to fly FMS climb out speed needs immediate forward trimming.From what my knowledge of TO trim is that it is mostly V2+10 or even V2+20 which is is the speed you trim for ad that is included in the FMC calculation. So the original FSX vesion was spot on, the FS9 version is unfortunately different. Would be great if you could correct that in this update.Best!Alexander

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

He means the animation... Those nose gear doors are on the model already... they just animate incorrectly and cause the gear doors to be hidden when the gear is extended.
Ok, thanks for the correction.Tim

Guest nmaggioros
May I add a request to check on the FS9 version. Flew the FSX version for 2 month and the trim settings given from the TO page gave excellent handling during rotation and initial climb. Now having flown the FS9 version with different loadings, that is not the case anymore. Following the recomended data, the plane rotates on a tiny move on the yoke and to fly FMS climb out speed needs immediate forward trimming.From what my knowledge of TO trim is that it is mostly V2+10 or even V2+20 which is is the speed you trim for ad that is included in the FMC calculation. So the original FSX vesion was spot on, the FS9 version is unfortunately different. Would be great if you could correct that in this update.Best!Alexander
I am also having this behavior and is the only thing i would like to be fixed. Thanks Nicholas

Hope this is just a patch download and not a complete 302Mb download, just trying to keep your servers at peace lolEnjoyable flight from LGB to LHR anyway, just 2 problems, failed No1 fuel pump and apu starter failure... 2 minors for the flight, who can complain about that!!!All fixed now and MD11 is ready for service to begin.Adore the way you added intelliscene.cfg to the file btw, saved me some work lol.John E

Guest Tibetan

Hi!I'm buying and downloading the MD-11 product for FS9, but this 1.10.0050 version.My question is when come the 1.10.0051 version and I can how download?Thanks,Zsolt (Tibetan)

The product you download will be the latest. If the update comes before your purchase, your download should be ver 1.10, which you can verify both during install and by looking at the "about" info after install. If the upgrade comes after your purchase, you can update with a second download.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Rob and team including beta testers, for delivering another fine product. I of course had the privilage of flying it and writing a review shortly after I saw it at FANCON in seattle. I thought I knew what to expect, but after flying the final version, I was even more so amazed. I would like to ask if it would be possible for anyone to fly the simulator at Alteon?And perhaps someone might know how much something like this would cost.....Rob, I come to reno Often, wondering if perhaps we could have a cup of coffee some time....Not a date. Just a chance to Chat with ONE of the geniuses behind all this!Thanks. CapnOzPeter Osborn

Peter Osborn

I'll provide a list shortly- so there is not need to populate the thread with 200 questions asking of X or Y or Z is included. We'll tell you shortly. ;-)
Can you include the changes in the FSX update as well?

Matthew S

Guest Tibetan
The product you download will be the latest. If the update comes before your purchase, your download should be ver 1.10, which you can verify both during install and by looking at the "about" info after install. If the upgrade comes after your purchase, you can update with a second download.
Hi!I downloaded one more the MD-11 FS9 file, but this is 1.10.0050 too. When can I download and install the new file (1.10.0051)? :( Thanks a lot!Tibetan