Sign in to follow this  
djamjjames

Fs2crew FSX Update

Just wondering will the update to the FSX FS2crew Md-11 come our tomorrow along with the PMDG update

Just wondering will the update to the FSX FS2crew Md-11 come our tomorrow along with the PMDG update
Hello,The FS2Crew FSX Update (Service Update 3) includes all the changes and improvements I included in the FS9 version, and it will be released *probably* some time next week.However, installing the PMDG FSX Update should not interfere with your existing FS2Crew FSX installation as the PMDG FSX Update does not over-write the panel.cfg.However, there may *possibly* be an issue with the pre-existing FS2Crew keyboard assignments, but I'm checking into that. I'll need to have my beta testers go through the FSX update with a fine tooth comb to ensure nothing got bungled-up when transplanting the FS9 changes over to FSX.Cheers,

Update on the FSX update:There is one remaining issue outstanding before I can release the FSX version update (Service Update 3).The FSX update incorporates many improvements that were included in the FS9 version and ports them over to the FSX version.I had planned to release the FSX update this week, but that's now being pushed back a bit till I resolve this one issue.I'll keep you all posted.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,a short Question about the Update for FSX:I want to Purchase FS2Crew for the MD-11 but want to wait for the next Update. Will there be an updated Installer for new Customers too or do I have to Patch the Installation? Will the new Features documented too in the Manual/Tutorial?

Hi Bryan,a short Question about the Update for FSX:I want to Purchase FS2Crew for the MD-11 but want to wait for the next Update. Will there be an updated Installer for new Customers too or do I have to Patch the Installation? Will the new Features documented too in the Manual/Tutorial?
Hi Alex,The update will be built into the main installer (assuming you purchase through the FS2Crew website).The FSX update will also be available as a separate install.Cheers,

Hi Alex,The update will be built into the main installer (assuming you purchase through the FS2Crew website).The FSX update will also be available as a separate install.Cheers,
Thank's for the Update :)

Thank's for the Update :)
I'll also issue an update on the Brit and Euro voice set.My voice set coordinator assures me that the Brit voice set is just in the polishing stage, so hopefully soon.The Euro voice set is not far behind :( Cheers,

Update:The FSX update is being held uj on one issue.The issue is the improved 45 percent N2 call trigger.In the FS9 version, I'm able to read exactly when 45 percent N2 is reached.However, in recently released PMDG FSX update was supposed to carry that functionality over to the FSX version in the update, but it turns out that it doesn't work.So I'm just waiting on PMDG now to resolve it. The ball is in their court right now.Thanks for your patience,

Good news ! It works like a charm in FS9, the "15%" and "45%" calls are okay in FS9.By the way, while waiting for SP3, is it possible to lower the transition altitude ? I took off from Mombasa HKMO today, and the transition altitude is 2000ft at this airport (or maybe if you do this, it will interfere with the acceleration height of 3000ft ?).And at last, something I've noticed in both version I think, the copilot is turning the landing lights OFF well below FL100. Is this a normal SOP ? I always thought that we must keep the landing lights ON until crossing FL100 climbing !

vpa055.png

Good news ! It works like a charm in FS9, the "15%" and "45%" calls are okay in FS9.By the way, while waiting for SP3, is it possible to lower the transition altitude ? I took off from Mombasa HKMO today, and the transition altitude is 2000ft at this airport (or maybe if you do this, it will interfere with the acceleration height of 3000ft ?).And at last, something I've noticed in both version I think, the copilot is turning the landing lights OFF well below FL100. Is this a normal SOP ? I always thought that we must keep the landing lights ON until crossing FL100 climbing !
Hi Steffan,1. PMDG added some code to the FS9 MD11 so I could accurately read 45 percenet N2.That functionality was supposed to included in the PMDG MD11 FSX update PMDG recently released, but it's not functioning properly.So I'm waiting on PMDG on this.2. I'll check into lowering the available TA's to 2000 feet.3. Landing lights: At the airline I modeled, they typically turn off the lights at wheels up. The logic is that because the landing lights protrude into the airstream, this generates noise, etc., which can be uncomfortable for those in the 1st class section.Other airlines may do it differently.The landing lights also add a bit of drag, but not that much.Cheers,

3. Landing lights: At the airline I modeled, they typically turn off the lights at wheels up. The logic is that because the landing lights protrude into the airstream, this generates noise, etc., which can be uncomfortable for those in the 1st class section.
I nearly always fly the freight models, so passenger comfort is not an issue. An easy workaround is to wait until 10,000 ft before calling for the after takeoff checklist.Tom

How is the progress of the Update? Good Job so far Byork :)
We're just waiting on one thing from PMDG, and that's the new trigger for the 45 percent N2 call during engine start.Sorry for the delay; this one is out of my hands for the time being.Cheers,

We're just waiting on one thing from PMDG, and that's the new trigger for the 45 percent N2 call during engine start.Sorry for the delay; this one is out of my hands for the time being.Cheers,
You don't have to apologize, your products are amazing ;)Good to know that it will delay a little - so I can stop reloading the forum every hour :)thanks,Alex

Bryan,I see in the PMDG forum that they are planning a service release for both the FS9 and FSX versions of the MD-11 in the coming week. Do you know if that release will contain the FSX "hook" that you need to correctly call out 45% N1?Tom