Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tyrant

CS757 and PMDG MD11 (FS9) issues

Hi guys,I'm going to try post this here, because my posts on the CS forums just get deleted as soon as I say PMDG!!! Whats wrong CS, do the letters PMDG scare you??, do they make you cry in the shower?? they should.Anyway, This is an appeal to anyone who has both these addons installed. If you installed the MD11 and haven't used the 757 since, try load the 757, and in turn, try do anything that involves reloading the aircraft. ie change the VC viewpoint using the that VC viewpoint changer tool (shift 4) or try "save" on the cargo loader utility. Alternatively, just try load any other aircraft after having the 757 loaded. If I do any of these things, I'm getting a CTD. I just want to know, if anyone out there is having the same problem.Thanks in advanceJ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys,I'm going to try post this here, because my posts on the CS forums just get deleted as soon as I say PMDG!!! Whats wrong CS, do the letters PMDG scare you??, do they make you cry in the shower?? they should.Anyway, This is an appeal to anyone who has both these addons installed. If you installed the MD11 and haven't used the 757 since, try load the 757, and in turn, try do anything that involves reloading the aircraft. ie change the VC viewpoint using the that VC viewpoint changer tool (shift 4) or try "save" on the cargo loader utility. Alternatively, just try load any other aircraft after having the 757 loaded. If I do any of these things, I'm getting a CTD. I just want to know, if anyone out there is having the same problem.Thanks in advanceJ
NO problem like that here with both planes installed. I have however had a few crashes when alt-tabing out of fs9 after the md11 install. Not sure whats to blame for that though as ive installed quite a few add ons in teh last couple of days.

I do not have this problem but it's not a good idea to load another commercial addon after using another commercial addon. Check your ACE utility, goto Tools, and make sure the MSFS paths are set correctly. If this doesn't work I would simply reinstall the CS757 and select "repair" when asked. Jim

Have you checked the event viewer to see why you get the CTD's when accessing the 757?? I had this issue happen ONLY when I installed the CS757 after the PSS 757. It had to do with the wxgauge.dll being overwritten. Fortunately I still had FS9 on another hard drive, found the wxguage.dll and copied it over to the other hard drive with the fresh installation of FS9. That solved the problem. I'm wondering if you do have the both 757s? It may not have anything to do with the MD-11, as I have that one,too. I never had an issue with it interfering with anything else.