Sign in to follow this  
fushi

PMDG North Pole flight

Captain,On my flight (CYMX - UFX - N7000.0/W074 00.0 - N89 30.0/W074 00.0 - N89 30.0/E106 00.0 - N70 00.0/E106 00.0 - ZBK - ZBAA), I have couldn't delete the discontinuity as below:discon_PMDG.jpgWhat was the cause of the trouble? How can I delete this discontinuity?Sioncerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Kan-ichiroHow did you tried to delete the discontinuity?Normally you shoud be able to "upselect" the waypoint after the discontinuity.(press the LSK next to the waypoint [N70E160 in your case] to select the waypoint into the scratch pad, then press the LSK adjacent to the discontinuity)The discontinuity should now be closed.I hope this helps.Best regardsDaniel

Daniel

Daniel Bucher, Switzerland

i7 875K / GA-P55A-UD3 / 8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominator / 150GB WD Raptor / ATI Radeon 5770 / Matrox TH2Go digital

TrackIR 4pro / Saitek X52 / CH Pedals

W7 64

FSX.2 ACC / FS9.1

Hi Daniel.Thank you for your kind reply.Although I have done as you said, the discontinuity still exist as before.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

You are flying very close to the North Pole, if I recall such flights could not be handled properly under FS9 and/or FSX (don't recall details), why don't you keep a bit further away from the North Pole?

hmmm.. too bad.Maybe it's a problem with FS limitations?I hope someone else can help you.RegardsDaniel

Daniel

Daniel Bucher, Switzerland

i7 875K / GA-P55A-UD3 / 8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Dominator / 150GB WD Raptor / ATI Radeon 5770 / Matrox TH2Go digital

TrackIR 4pro / Saitek X52 / CH Pedals

W7 64

FSX.2 ACC / FS9.1

You are flying very close to the North Pole, if I recall such flights could not be handled properly under FS9 and/or FSX (don't recall details), why don't you keep a bit further away from the North Pole?
This has happen on the CYMX RWY 06 which is not close to the North Pole.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Kan-ichiro,I think your problem is the earlier way points, you have two N90 waypoints, when obviously there is only one north pole. If you really want to have a waypoint at the exact Northpole, despite known issues with FSX, then fair enough, but trying to use two of them is just asking for trouble. Regards,Paul Smith.

Hi Paul,As I described on the first line, the N90 isn't N90 00.0 but N89 30.0. The North pole is the middle of 60NM between N90W074 and N90E106.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Well try deleting n70e106 and adding ZBK to the discontinuity.Just check its not just n70e106 mucking you up.Richy

Well try deleting n70e106 and adding ZBK to the discontinuity.Just check its not just n70e106 mucking you up.Richy
Thanks, I have already done so to try this flight.I would like just to know the cause of this trouble. There isn't this trouble on the same circumstances of the LVLD 767X PANC - EFHK flight as below:discon.jpgSincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

There isn't this trouble on the same circumstances of the LVLD 767X PANC - EFHK flight as below:
I don't exactly see this as being the "same" situation. Clearly in this case it shows N89, not N90. I bet there will be a huge difference between N89 and N90.

Kan-ichiro Hit the CLR key and then the LSK next to the FMC DISC. Hope this helps!!

Kan-ichiro Hit the CLR key and then the LSK next to the FMC DISC. Hope this helps!!
Thanks,I have tried as you said: however, it doesn't work.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I don't know about your FMC trouble to be honest, but you may find this post interesting:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...;hl=north++poleCheersRudy
Thanks.It said "MSFS has a Polar Wall at N89.30. If your route goes above 89.30, you'll have to do some fancy driving, but it can be done. "; however, I haven't recognized the Polar Wall on the FSX.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara